I am looking for friend with whom I have lost touch. An American Peace Corps Volunteer who served with me when I did VSO. I have been told he moved to France. In the UK I would use a people orientated search engine such as www.192.com What could I use for France?

I am trying to contact Bill Barrett. a Peace Corps Volunteer with whom I served in St. Kitts in 1968 - 1970. Others have also tried to contact him see http://peacecorpsonline.org/messages/messages/467/2036385.html if you are curious.

Thanks

David

Is he American, or British? Either way he is more likely to be found on sites from those two countries, if he wants to be found.

It may be possible to search the telephone directory on a name alone. This link takes you to the English Language version of 'Pages Blancs', so you could give it a try.

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pb.cgi?lang=en

Edit, it says pages jaunes (yellow) but it should be the residential directory. Give it a try.

Edit. Nope, I have just tried it with my own name. You need a city or department name. Sorry.

[quote user="Teamedup"]LOL I  always try 'me' first too.[:D][/quote]

Quite right too, TU.[:)]

David, will let us know if you find your friend?

Sometimes we never hear the 'end' of the story, and it can be mildly frustrating.

You know, 'I wonder whether that new member who came for that one reason ever found his friend???[;-)]

I agree infobel is great for France at the moment. I wonder if it still will be when other companies can rent out the lines in the future.

I have tried to use it just as an experiment to 'find' our son in the UK who is with BT and in the phone book and it doesn't work.Or for my Dad who is with British Gas now.