Cheap phone option for calling the UK

i read in french news or french connexions about a cheap way of calling the uk with a ringback option that enables family to ring back at 2 pence per minute from the uk but we pay for it and i believe they set you up with an alternative number. unfortunately i have misplaced the number for this. can anyone help? or let me know of options? thanks in advance.

I do not know of the ring back service you are looking for. But, I think this may be useful for people ringing or ringing back from the UK to France.

I have been using Telediscount for some time and their charge has recently dropped from 1p to 0.5 pence per minute from the UK. All that is required is to use the special code for France and the cost will appear on your BT bill. This service can be used from any land line phone and it is excellent. My last call to France is showing 23 minutes for a cost of only 10 pence.

I have no connections with this company other than using their phone service. One further tip if you want use their service, is to regularly check the access number as this changes each time there is a price change.

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/index2.php

Baz

[quote user="Russethouse"]

You may find some options discussed here

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/661538/ShowPost.aspx

For people phoning from the Uk they should look at the www.moneysavingexpert.com site

[/quote]

Gay, have you tried using the numbers given on the moneysavingexpert.com site?

I found this site a while ago, as Mr O is in UK with only a mobile number, he has tried using the access codes for `free` calls from a mobile without any joy, fortunatly we have callserve via the computer so it is not so expensive to ring him.

Can anyone else help?

I haven't tried it yet, but there is something called jajah.com that seems to offer a very inexpensive service. You need a computer to connect to them, but once you put in your phone number and the phone number you are calling, it connects the call and does ring you back on your land line, so you aren't actually using your computer for the call.  It sounds quite interesting for those without something like Skype or Yahoo services.

PG

[quote user="Opas"][quote user="Russethouse"]

You may find some options discussed here

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/661538/ShowPost.aspx

For people phoning from the Uk they should look at the www.moneysavingexpert.com site

[/quote]

Gay, have you tried using the numbers given on the moneysavingexpert.com site?

I found this site a while ago, as Mr O is in UK with only a mobile number, he has tried using the access codes for `free` calls from a mobile without any joy, fortunatly we have callserve via the computer so it is not so expensive to ring him.

Can anyone else help?

[/quote]

Sorry Opas, No, I don't use them, I should raise the energy to cancel one tel and use somethng else as I believe they are no longer the cheapest, but in anycase I rarely call France from my mobile.

Is it a UK mobile Mr O has while he is the UK  (or a uk sim card) or French ?

He has a UK sim card in his mobile , which he then changes for his French sim card whilst on the ferry home.

Have followed the instructions to a T , without success.

Anyone else been able to use this service of FREE mobile phone calls to France (or anywhere else for that matter)