The date is Wednesday 3rd May, time 2200hrs, no satellite signal being received for Sky programmes, no reason why not it was ok this morning, anyone else had same problems. I am in Herault and normally receive a near perfect picture.

I had a problem earlier today with freezing pictures but this turned out to be a short length of coax which had got damp in it causing corrosion in the 'F'-'F' joint. The interesting thing is that it only caused a problem in the evenings. What I think was happening was that the sun warmed the cable and evaporated the moisture in the cable which then condensed in the 'F' when the sun went down. Is your cable all one piece? Is the 'F' connector on the LNB good and (water) tight?

p

Interesting point and yes I have sat cable from LNB to proprietry connector which also receives the terrestial co-ax, one cable serving both then go into the house to a splitter and then double cable to box and tv.

This sytem has been in place for the last 4 years or so and never had problems before. For some unexplainable reason I have managed to get two Sky boxes and they are both not receiving a signal.

Tried again this morning and got same problem, but will check your suggestion. Many thanks

Problem solved...................checked connections and found that the LNB cover was cracked and hanging off and some wasp like insect had made a nest in there!! Bought a new one for 15Euros and off we go again.......except that I am still not getting a signal for BBC2 and BBC24, any thoughts anyone?

Have a look on http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2b.html and find the transponder which has BBC2/News24 and then look to see if the same problem affects others on the same frequency (If you're a techy you might try changing the Sky box setup transponder to one of these then the signal bars will be monitoring the problematic transponder).

However Andyh4's probably right; you've probably given the dish a nudge!

p.

I thought I would let all the technos go first before I posted, but I have lost my signal twice at this time of the year and twice it has been a tree, when it comes into leaf, it really did not look as though it was in the way, but it was, so I pruned it and then got a perfect picture.My english friend also had the same problem, he said it cannot be the tree it is not in the signal line, however I fetched my ladder , lopped his tree and hey presto a perfect picture,and do not forget to reset your box by switching it off at the mains waiting a minute and it will automatically reset the box.It may not be the answer but ,have a look.The third time I could not get a picture it was the box of tricks on the sattelite dish (have forgotten the name) they sell them on ebay I paid £10.00 for two and they posted them to France , you just have to have the make of your dish.Hope you sort it out.

Thanks for the replies, tried to tweak the LNB but no joy. Went to Lyngsat site but the only numbers relating to the Add Channels on the Services menu was the transponder number, the others were just gobblededook to me, how can I find the Mbaud number and the FEC whatever that is?

[quote user="Ceejay"]Thanks for the replies, tried to tweak the LNB but no joy. Went to Lyngsat site but the only numbers relating to the Add Channels on the Services menu was the transponder number, the others were just gobblededook to me, how can I find the Mbaud number and the FEC whatever that is?
[/quote]

FEC is Forward Error Correction and relates to now the data is compressed and uncompressed but you should not need to do any of the above with a digibox. to restore missing channels. Have you tried moving the dish a minute amount left or right and up and down ?  I normally recomend marking your start position and moving the edge by no more than the thickness of a peice of paper.