Hi Steve, thanks for the suggestion, but the led is in the middle of the inside of the box. It shines through the cooling holes in the side and there is a '&' logo on the front that it shows through.. I think it would overheat if I covered it?  Typical gimic. I might take the cover off and see if a pair of snips sorts it??[I][6]?

John.

"RTFM" as they say - have a look at the diagram (same one on the inside front cover of the "pochette d'installation" as on p2 of the Guide d'utilisation - assuming they've not changed the packaging recently).

The button "4" is labelled "Eclairage en façade on/off". (if in doubt, that's the one next to the ADSL line in)

Old engineering saying --- "when ALL else fails then, and only then, read the manual"

OK all else failed, read the manual and found the switch!!! But I would never have thought to translate the "Eclairage en facard On/Off" to switch the blasted light off. On my box it's button 2 on the back and there isn't a button 4, just the 2 on the back. I think confused should be part of my name [8-)].

Thank you for the gen.

John.

My R.A.F. version of that one is --- 'don't force it, use a bigger hammer' and that the torque loading of a bolt is tighten up to shear then back a quarter, but that was in the old daze.

In fact the Bristol Britannia Proteus engine mounting bolts were torque loaded by measuring the stretch of the bolt! The bolts were only used once!!

John.

P.S. The tech name for a hammer is a calibrated knockometer. And I don't care if I have hi-jacked the thread, it's my thread after all[8-|].

Instant potted history.......

St Athan, July 60, Boy Entrant.

Lyneham, Dec 60, 1st Line on Britannia, Comet 2 & 4. Shift work.

Singapore, Dec 66, 1st and 3rd line Changie & Tengah. Shaks, PR7s and bay. [B]

Brize Norton, June 69, 1st line VC10 & Belfast. Shift work Demob July 74 (May actually, but with leave, resetlement, etc.)

Trade aircraft electrician/gen insts.

Any overlap?

John.

Not really John,

1972-78 Short Service Commission.

OCTU Henlow, Cranwell (11 Initial Eng Course), OC C flt Chivenor 229 OCU (Hunter 9s and T7s), ditto Brawdy after 229 OCU was scrapped and Chivenor closed down, OC Support at P.S.U Hullavington until 16 Para Brigade HD Co was scrapped, last tour at Waddington as OC Serve on MEAS.

Regards

[quote user="pads"]

Hello Jonzjob I was in singapore in 66 with my dad who was in the RAF we lived in Changi(spelling?)

and he was an electrian

Edit   just had a thought your not my dad are you?[Www]

[/quote]

I was born in '66!!  You're not my parents, are you!! [:D]

In answer to both of you......

I have never been anyonz parentS, only a dad [6] And as far as I know I only have 1 son and 1 daughter. Any more and I don't admit ANY liability?????????/

My 'old man' told me once that it's a wise man (sorry person, got to be bludy politicallie correct?) who knows his father? Made me think twice!!??[:-))]

John.

I wa only joking about the dad bit but we really were in singapore in 66, you couldn miss our family 6 kids 3 boys 3 girls and my mum use to make us all wear matching clothes, with our yellow labrador and 3 ducks im sure as a family we stuck out a little !!!!!

Dad was an electrian he went from there to finningley,(yorkshire) then st mawgan (cornwall)

Raffles/ Definately not the place that a mear corporal could go, orificers only!!!!

Singapore Cricket Club, now that's a different place. I used to go there once a month for the Forces Driving Club Singapore meetings. Good stuff... You forgot Telek Paku Beach Club at the back of Changi, just by where 205 Sqdn used to be. Very handy when we got rid of the Shackelton patrol aircraft and all the other snags were clear. The Mk2 Phase 2 Shaks didn't have any fuel jetteson system, so they couldn't land for about 7 hours if they were on the standard 17 hour patrol....

Happy daze!!! 

John.

P.S. Pads,,,,,, does your keyboard have any capitalz  [;-)][:D] Only joking really..? [6] Don't want you beating up my knee caps when you get here??

YES I KNOW I AM A LAZY TYPIST

I write like i speak, before i have thought about it...

We use to go to the cricket club and also the swimming pool, my memories are vague as i was young, but i remember the zoo, an the gardens where you could get mugged of your peanuts by the monkeys there. my dad has a lot of silent movies of our time there, and i remember sitting in the mosoon drains finding half drown kittens and deadly snakes and taking them home which use to scare my family to death but ive always been an animal chamer so luckerly never got bitten. my parents adopted 2 local girls while they were out there,but when we left we wernt allowed to take them with us , it went on for years but he funded them though school and they are still in touch with them , I keep saying i will go back out to visit but never get there. Have you been back?