Wanadoo/Orange spam

Tenniswitch

Hey we are getting close!

I want to do exactly what you said in your first sentence - everything to junk except messages from contacts to go to my inbox - but how?

At the moment everything goes to my inbox including messages from adresses that I have previously consigned to junk.

[quote user="J.R."]

Tenniswitch

Hey we are getting close!

I want to do exactly what you said in your first sentence - everything to junk except messages from contacts to go to my inbox - but how?

At the moment everything goes to my inbox including messages from adresses that I have previously consigned to junk.

[/quote]

Okay, J.R., here goes: 

Log in to your Hotmail account.  I'm assuming you already have a contacts list set up.  Go to your contacts list and see if there are senders there that you want to delete.  Go to your Inbox and see if there are any more senders that you want to add to your contacts. 

After you've tweaked you contacts list to your satisfaction, look up near the top right of your screen where it says Options.  Choose Options/Junk E-Mail Protection/Junk E-Mail Filter.  Under "Choose your Junk E-Mail Filter level", choose "Exclusive".  Choose "Okay".  On the next screen, choose either "Import Contacts" if you want to import your contacts list from Outlook Express or Outlook, or "Return to Options".  At this point, you don't want Hotmail automatically adding contacts by scanning your incoming mail. Click "Okay".

Now go back to Options.  Choose Options/Junk E-Mail Protection/Delete Junk E-Mail. Under "Choose what to do with you junk e-mail", choose "Deliver to Junk E-Mail folder and delete later."  Choose "Okay".  You'll need to scan your Junk E-Mail folder occasionally to make sure nothing you want to receive is being dumped there.  Anytime you find something that isn't junk, you can add the sender to your contacts list, and the mail will be moved to your Inbox.

If you find you're getting anything really offensive, you can always block the sender, but this is probably enough to start with.  If you have problems, you can post here or PM me.

Good luck.