VIDEO NOT EJECTING OR PLAYING

WELL WHAT A TIME TO BREAK DOWN.!!A WEEK BEFORE XMAS AND I VIDEO FOR MY DAUGHTER WHO HAS NO ARIAL/TV. YET.

MY TOSHIBA 6 YEAR OLD MODEL WILL NOT EJECT TAPE NOR PLAY.

I REMOVED IT BY HOLDING THE MACHINE ON IT'S SIDE.

ANY IDEAS YOU XMAS EXPERTS OR DOES SANTA HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER? IT HAS BEEN AN EXPENSIVE YEAR SO FAR.[8-)]

I agree with Nick, in that it's probably not worth mending.  However, if you are like me, you probably have a lot of videos lying about which you don't want to be unable to play so maybe think about a combination VCR and DVD player?  I had a quick look on Amazon UK (the French ones won't play your old UK tapes) and found a couple for around £120.

thanks-but can you explain if the dvd /vcr equipment will record from tv or is the dvd part for playing bought dvd's.?

Also can  you now record onto a dvd from your old video's with this or a different machine?

also any names and price helpfull.

thanks for your quick replies.

The things at the price I'm talking about are combined VCR recorders and DVD players.  You would need a combi VCR/DVD recorder to do what you ask and I don't know if they exist - I will look.  It is perfectly possible to copy videos onto DVD's using a DVD recorder but it is illegal if the video tapes are pre-recorded.

Because French videos are PAL SECAM and their players likewise.  Although there may be some that play both.  If you  buy in France, make sure you check this.  We've discussed this somewhere before in the dim and distant past.. I'll have a quick look.

Here,

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/588716/ShowPost.aspx

Martin's a whizz at this sort of thing - understands the techi stuff much better than I do!

If you have a modern French TV that works with both PAL and SECAM formats, you can watch UK recorded tapes played on either a French PAL/SECAM VCR or a UK PAL only VCR. The Pal only VCR will not record French television programmes properly as they are broadcast in SECAM format.

French and other region 2 DVDs play in the PAL format.

Steve

[quote user="Ab"]

COOPEROLA-Why will french equipment not play uk tapes if I bought one?

I replaced my uk tv this year with a Thomson27 LCD MODEL ANDI USE SATELITE SKY DISH ONLY  FOR UK TV.

[/quote]

That's a multi-standard TV you've got - no problem playing UK tapes on it [:)]