I have read conflicting info about free2view cards .  Does anyone have any experience of activating these in France without phoning Sky?  I have heard that if you just leave it in the box overnight it will activate itself?  Any truth in this rumour!!

I've just got back from installing an old Panasonic digibox in France.

The box and its card (blue/yellow house design) had been in a cupboard for about two years since the Sky subscription was cancelled.

The free to air channels (BBC, ITV, etc.) all worked immediately, but Channels 4 and 5 only showed the 'phone Sky to add this channel to your subscription' message.

I left the box connected on stand-by and Channels 4 and 5 eventually arrived about a day and a half later. However, when we left, there was still no sign of any radio channels!

You should bear in mind that some of the Channel 4 group of channels are only available with a Sky subscription (i.e. Film 4 is available free, but More 4 isn't).

Hope this helps,

Roger.

[quote user="Anton Redman"]

To receive the Radio Channels you may need to force a software upgrade. They are now on four digit numbers starting with 0

0101 Radio One etc.

0106 Classic FM

[/quote]

Yes, you will need the new EPG (which will handle 4-digit radio channel nos.). It will update automatically too (eventually) - last one I did took about a week.

Hi

Usually if the card had been previously activated at one time or other leaving it plugged in should after a few hours become activated again whatever box its plugged into, they are paired to a box when activating but all channels should show up sooner or later, maybe if its not paired to that box all channels may not show, I have never seen any missing channels in my experience (and I have had loads of em) but i'm no expert.

Lee

Bonne Noel n' that