No network with Club Internet Routet

I have recently switched to club internet but cannot use their shiny wifi router thingy (see piccy below) because when I plug it in it fails to find the telephone line (or whatever it's looking for).....the green ADSL light flashes a few times and then the Orange 'Alarme' light comes on.

It's not the box as I've tried three of them now and I can connect fine at 7.2MB with my crappy old wirefull (or whatever the opposite of wireless is) modem...anyone any ideas ??

[img]http://www.ariase.com/media/modems/ClubInternetBox.jpg[/img]

I have the same box and have only noticed the "alarme" light on when there is no phone line detected, i.e. the phone cable not plugged in to the box or the wall properly. Have you checked all theconnections and that it set up as the instructions suggest, filters etc? sorry if it is too basic...

Danny

we found the provided phone plug to be to loose in the socket changed that mucked about a bit and now its all singing and dancing, apart from a config prob with p2p software if your au fait with this sort of thing can you pm me happy surfing quand meme ps it does help when it bugs to turn it all off and let it reset and we are getting much better connection speed withthe wifi as opposed to the ethernet cable althought it was a drama getting it set up right but if i can do it it cant be that difficult

try this if you are having difficulties with p2p, club internet assistance - can't make a link to it 'cos it's all Javascript :

Résolution : Résolution des problèmes de Low ID avec un client Peer to Peer

Pour recevoir cette fiche par e-mail : OK   Imprimer

Lorsque votre logiciel d'échange de fichiers vous indique que vous possédez un "Low ID" (ou "Unreachable"), cela signifie que votre modem refuse de rediriger certaines données que le serveur distant vous envoie.

La solution consiste à demander au modem d'accepter et de rediriger ces données vers votre ordinateur, en créant ce que l'on appelle une règle de NAT (également employée pour les jeux en réseau, par exemple).

Il faut donc tout d'abord savoir quels sont les ports à ouvrir.

Pour ce faire, référez vous au tableau ci-dessous récapitulant les ports par défaut utilisés par les plus courants logiciels d'échange.
Attention toutefois, si vous avez spécifié d'autres ports dans les préférences de votre logiciel, vous devrez remplacer les valeurs du tableau par celles que vous aurez spécifié.

Logiciel

Ports a ouvrir 

eDonkey

4661 TCP
4662 TCP
4665 UDP
4672 UDP

eMule

4661 TCP
4662 TCP
4672 UDP

Kazaa

1214 TCP
1214 UDP

GNUtella

6346 TCP
6346 UDP

BitTorrent

6881 TCP

Notez les numéros de ports correspondants à votre logiciel de P2P.
L'étape suivante consiste à créer le règle de NAT dans l'interface web de votre modem-routeur.

Démarrez votre navigateur internet puis inscrivez dans la barre d'adresses : 192.168.1.1

L'interface de configuration apparaît :

1 - Cliquez dans le bandeau du haut sur l'onglet "Profil Hotline".

2 - Cliquez dans le bandeau du dessous sur l'onglet "Configuration Avancée".

3 - Dans le menu de gauche, cliquez sur "NAT".

4 - Cliquez enfin dans la sous-rubrique "Serveurs Virtuels".

Une nouvelle page apparaît :

Cliquez sur le bouton "Ajouter".

La configuration du port 6881 illustrée ici est prise à titre d'exemple. Remplacez cette valeur par le ou les numéro(s) de port(s) que vous souahitez rediriger.

Remarque : Pour les applications les plus courantes, vous pouvez choisir l'une des règles prédéfinies dans la liste "Sélectionnez un service". Le modem se chargera lui-même de remplir la règle avec les options adéquates.

Si votre application n'est pas présente dans la liste précitée :
1 - Cochez la case "Serveur personnalisé" et entrez un nom pour l'application.

2 - Saisissez l'adresse IP de l'ordinateur destiné à recevoir les données adressées au port 6881 (192.168.1.5 n'est ici pris qu'à titre d'exemple).

3 - Saisissez le numéro du port que vous souhaitez rediriger tel qu'illustré ci-dessus en prenant garde à sélectionner le bon protocole (TCP ou UDP).
Si votre application nécessite la redirection de plusieurs ports, vous pouvez les saisir dans les autres lignes avant de valider.
Dans notre exemple, toutes les données arrivant au modem routeur sur le port 6881 seront redirigées vers l'ordinateur ayant pour IP 192.168.1.5 .

4 - Cliquez sur le bouton "Sauver/Appliquer" pour valider votre configuration.

La page d'origine réapparaît :

Le tableau vous confirme que votre règle de NAT a bien été enregistrée.

Les changements prennent effet immédiatement, il n'est donc pas nécessaire de redémarrer votre modem routeur.

Vous pouvez reproduire ce schéma en fonction des applications dont vous vous servez.

Danny

• 1 month later...
hello danny thanks for info if your able to give me some further advise about this it would be appreciated tried to configure the modem it seemed ok but we still have our blocked by par feu indication ive tried configuring both windows par feu and our  antivirus par feu to no avail.

shimble

its a bit difficult to know exactly from what you have said but... firstly, what do you mean by windows par feu and antivirus par feu ? it isn't a good idea to use two firewalls like it isn't a good idea to use two anti virus products. when you say you still have the "blocked by par feu indication" , I assume that is a message in the P2P software. Did you try disabling (properly) all firewalls as suggested above? Sometimes they are not disabled properly by closing a window or clicking on an item. You should know if they are disabled if you get a security warning along the lines of "Are you sure you want to disable this? you will be at risk etc,etc"

Have you had a look at this page for some guidance ?

If you can't resolve the issue, why not try another P2P client and see if you have similar problems.

I don't understand how you managed to connect OK by wifi but had trouble with the ethernet connection. This might be complicating matters. If you disable wifi in the modem and just connect by cable, there is less possibility of loss of connection and no extra security settings which might be affecting Azureus...

P2P settings are notoriously complicated...

let me know if this helps or if I am on the wrong track

Danny

thanks danny well my computer illiterate girlfriend has solved the problem cos shes not that daft i was talking about firewalls earlier and she has sussed it outthink we were putting our ip address in wrong as we were using themodemip and not the computer ip well shes not too sure how she fixed it but she has clever girl ons cherche pas trop sa marche bien