Anti virus program in French for French computer

Help please,

I am trying to help my French neighbours to connect to the internet.  They are now connected, but are having problems with French Norton.

I use AVG Free for my antivirus, and I wondered if there is a free French equivalent that I can recommend to my neighbours.

Thanks,

David

Clair,

Many thanks for that.  However, I must be getting old or going gaga.  I have checked both the French and English AVG sites quite thoroughly and I cannot find the AVG Free anywhere.

Could you please tell me how to find it?

Thanks,

David

Clair, the page you highlighted is not the right one for avg free - it is this one in french and here in English

They both link to the same download page (in english)

once installed, it is not possible to change the language setting in the free edition...if it is important to have it in French, I suggest using avast anti virus from the link I posted earlier. I have used both (not at the same time!) and never had a virus problem.

Be very careful of downloading files from certain websites - Clair, the second one you suggested asks you to dial up a premium rate phone number to get a code which you can use to get your free avg software it then says you will get AVG ANTI-VIRUS + PARE-FEU V 7.5 which is not free software anyway. Well dodgy!!

There are many dodgy websites which purport to offer downloads but many are full of spyware and scams.

Danny

Sorry  about that and apologies to all concerned.

Based on the above comment, I will deleted the link to the other site immediately.

I have all my software in their English version wherever possible even though my laptop is French... This can lead to funny screens: "aujourd'hui Sat March,23rd 07"