Hi

I have a maison secondaird line with france telecome which I can suspend when we are not in france I have the telephone number to contact the english speaking service but this can take quite a while to get through. does anyone have a e-mail address that can be used to inform them of connection and disconnection requirements

thanks

Dave

[quote user="Techno"]

Hi

I have a maison secondaird line with france telecome which I can suspend when we are not in france I have the telephone number to contact the english speaking service but this can take quite a while to get through. does anyone have a e-mail address that can be used to inform them of connection and disconnection requirements

thanks

Dave

[/quote]

Dave, if you go to the France Telecom website and set up your "Espace Client", you can turn your phone on and off via the website.  Much, much easier and faster than doing it by telephone.  And they will send you an email confirming that your "commande" has been registered.

The website is in French, but it's not difficult if you've registered at websites before.  And somebody here (perhaps even I?) could probably walk you through it if you're not confident about your French (or don't have a good dictionary).

When I signed up in April 2006, there was no "unlimited access" ADSL service available from FT/Wanadoo/Orange that could be suspended.  There might have been some sort of x-per-month-plus-x-per-minute-service broadband that could be suspended, but I figured that would not save me any money (I'm online a lot).  So I have the ADSL that is 24.90 a month, non-suspendable.

There is a small fee for suspending the phone line (around 4 or 5 euros), but we figure we save about 40 euros a year turning it off (twice).

[quote user="Techno"]

Hi

I was told by france telecom that this would save the line rental and broadband which over a year could be quite a savng if you are not there ie 49euros/month

Dave

[/quote]

I don't think the broadband can be stopped and started so easily. Read the terms and conditions carefully. I am sure that Orange demand written confirmation of cancellation at least one month in advance. Not sure about restarting it either.

Danny

I was also told that we would have to take our modem into the local france telecom shop when we suspend the line and collect it again when we are ready to resume.  I think that I have come to the conclusion that it may not be worth the hassle.

Mich

I may be wrong but with a "Live Box " broadband connection I believe there is a service for holiday home owners  to turn on and off .....but.... if you already have a France telecom line elsewhere..... and the two accounts are  linked to one ...So if you have a flat in Paris you can link the account with your holiday home on the coast and for a cost turn the holiday home service on and off..and its all on the one bill.....dont think it applies to my live box broadband account with FT group when my principal residence is a UK one .