French staellite TV in SE England

Hi Ron

Re: TMC and I guess you are on digital the audio pid is 0404, you also asked :

if there are any other TV channels lurking up there on the French TV satellite that are FTA?

The answer is lots of others channel but on other satellites, AB3 has Arte, France 2, 3, 5, LTP,TMC and TV8 Mont Blanc and Megasport encripted in Biss (I have the code)

Hotbird has lots of French channels Arte, BFM TV, Demain, Direct 8, Euro news (French), Euroe 2 TV, France 24 (French), Liberty TV. NRJ 12, TV5 MONDE EUROPE, TV5 MONDE FBS, TV8 MONTE BLANC.......All FTA

Hope this helps any problems just ask

so re TMC - is the sound hissy and distorted on digital too?  

I assumed Ron was watching via analogue (although he doesn't say) because of the fact that he asks if there are other gems about (which if he had a Canalsat box or digital box in general would probably show up) and because I had assumed that the sound "problem" was confined to the analogue AB3 feed.   I have seen much mention of the problem on analogue TMC, but no-one has suggested it's on the digital feeds too.  However it may well be.....

we get TMC on analog and the sound and picture are fine. Loud and clear. By far, the biggest problem is the quality. It is just one crap show after another. IMHO of course. I was looking forward to getting many more channels on TNT or TNT by SAT but if that means more along the lines of TMC to look forward to.....It would be nice if the trend was toward better and not just more

Danny

I know I know Fridgeman,  some of us look at the analogue for nostalgia,  and of course for a "legal" feed of TF1 (nuff said!)

If Ron is looking at TMC via analogue,  he needs to tune the audio channels of his box to 5.80 MHz.  The audio feed on 7.20 MHz (if it's not in fact an "image") sounds terrible, and there's nothing on 7.02 MHz.   Personally I find the 5.80 feed sounds very odd,  very compressed and muffled, but I haven't wasted a lot of time optimising it as - like the ever tasteful Danny - I doubt it's worth it from my point of view....

Sorry for delay in replying, I have a French Televes stereo satellite receiver RST 7229  for the French TV stations.  I think it is analogue. it is nothing like the pulsat box I have for the UK FTA ( I also have an ex SKY digibox).  One snag with the Pulsat is it does not have the  SKY programmme guide and cannot take a FTA card, to facilitate getting UK channels 4 and 5, these are "found" by a scan bit are of course scrambled.  The scan will not however, find ITV 2 or ITV 4  but I have at least 40 choices each of BBC 3 BBC 4 and CBBC. 

Others on here have told me that ITV 2 just appeared but on my box it is  hiding, not like SKY 3 which can be found but insists it is scrambled[8-)] 

Any help on how to find these staions on a pulsat much appreciated, there is a go to X facility but I have never tried it in case it goes to another satellite!!  It does give quite a choice of satellites.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Sorry for delay in replying, I have a French Televes stereo satellite receiver RST 7229  for the French TV stations.  I think it is analogue.

Well that's indeed why you're getting rubbish sound on TMC.    Try and find a sound (audio) menu and retune the two subcarriers to 5.80 MHz.  They could well still be on 7.02 and 7.20 MHz.

it is nothing like the pulsat box I have for the UK FTA ( I also have an ex SKY digibox).  One snag with the Pulsat is it does not have the  SKY programmme guide and cannot take a FTA card, to facilitate getting UK channels 4 and 5, these are "found" by a scan bit are of course scrambled.  The scan will not however, find ITV 2 or ITV 4  but I have at least 40 choices each of BBC 3 BBC 4 and CBBC.

Probably because the ITV 2 and 4 transponder isn't in the "master list" telling the box where to search.

Difficult to advise without being able to see the menus,  but under "installation" look for "add transponder" or "add programmes".   If that gives a nice box for inputting a frequency then put in 10758 MHz (10.758 GHz).   Vertical polarisation,  symbol rate (if not automatically selected) 22000, FEC (if required) 5/6. Then if it will let you choose "scan" or "search",  or if that isn't available try "save transponder".   In this case you may need to exit,  then come in again,  choose that transponder from a list,  and then scan

If you've got the instruction book that might explain it in exact sequence.

Others on here have told me that ITV 2 just appeared but on my box it is  hiding, not like SKY 3 which can be found but insists it is scrambled[8-)] 

Any help on how to find these staions on a pulsat much appreciated, there is a go to X facility but I have never tried it in case it goes to another satellite!!  It does give quite a choice of satellites.

[/quote]