I wish i'd read about livebox first, but hey ho. I have just had my livebox delivered yesterday and am now loathe to install it, does anyone know if there is a cooling of period and could i send it back? Maybe i could say my PC has died and i cant afford another one.

[quote user="carpy"]I wish i'd read about livebox first, but hey ho. I have just had my livebox delivered yesterday and am now loathe to install it, does anyone know if there is a cooling of period and could i send it back? Maybe i could say my PC has died and i cant afford another one.[/quote]

Liveboxes are ancient technology, but they work, or at least ours has for the past 14 months. We have 2 laptops almost permanently on the go, one connected wirelessly and one via ethernet - my OH doesn't 'do' wireless. When our 2 grandchildren come to stay there can be up to 3 laptops connected wirelessly all beavering away at the same time.

If you do decide to go ahead the received advice is not to install the software - or at least not totally - as it is invasive; just like AOL or even Freeserve used to be in the old days back in the UK.

If you really do not want to continue then try asking in an FT shop if you can cancel at this late stage. FT staff can get all your current details up on screen and, if they are disposed to being helpful, they can (sometimes) override what you asked for if you have changed your mind. It might already be too late for this, but worth a go anyway.

Sue

[quote user="carpy"] plus i'm not the most clued up on PC stuff.[:)][/quote]

Join the club; but there is one extra plus to a Livebox in that they are practically identical in the UK and in France - aside from small technical differences. Which means that if you have a problem and neither your computing abilities nor your French is up to solving it then you look on the equivalent UK site and, hopefully, find a solution in English. Brilliant eh?

http://help.orange.co.uk/categoryBrowse.do

Sue