Saving emails

Hi everyone

Sorry if this has been 'done' before, but I have been trying to save my email folders which have been created and are stored on my messagerie account in wanadoo/orange.  I have looked in the assistance section in messagerie and cannot find anything that would indicate if and how it can be done.  Is there any way it can be done and if so, how do I do it please[:D]  I am wanting to make a full back up of all emails to a USB data stick.  Any help greatly received

Many thanks in advance

Jetlag

Hi

In outlook express goto tools/options/maintenance/storage section (somewhere like that!) and find out where they are stored, you could change that location to your usb key (plugged in) or to your mydocs folder and copy and paste them accross to the usb key
probably better to change the location to usb key folder
you will only be able to view them on another machine if you have done the same with that, or you can paste them accross to where they are stored on that machine

This is presuming you are working with Outlook express

If you are using Outlook, or outlook express, or may work for other e-mail clients as well.

Open your software, at the top left-hand corner should be the word "FILE" click on it, and a menu will open. Somewhere on the menu will be an option to "BACKUP" or "ARCHIVE" click on this and follow the instructions. easy-peasy

The OP appears not be using Outlook Express because they talk of the "Messagerie" which is the E mail part of the Orange set up.  It can be useful to have this option to view E mails when away from your own PC.( as long as you remember to close OE on your PC before you go away and not as one donut did, leave it open[:$])  What they could do which will work, is open up OE and make it their E mail receipt function, then resend all the messages they want saved from the Messagerie, which will now end up in the now opened OE, then put them in folders in OE and then do what has been suggested. There of course may be a way of saving the folders already in the Orange Messagerie but I'm not aware of one, maybe a call to Orange. fr or UK might help.