Very Stupid Question ..

[quote user="londoneye"]If I go to the french orange site it automatically logs me in, and the idea was to practice trying to log in as if i am not here - although i am not feeling very here right now.
If I go to the uk one i have the sae trouble as before.   perhaps i will have to wait til in uk and try from diff computer.
[/quote]

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but it sounds as if you plan to try to access your wanadoo.fr email account via the orange.uk website when you are in the UK.

You do realize that wherever in the world you may be, you will have to access your wanadoo.fr email account via orange.fr?  And that you can do that either by setting your computer's email program (Outlook, Outlook Express or whatever) to download your email from the orange.fr website or you can go to the orange.fr site yourself and login there to view your email?

Personally, I prefer to have my wanadoo mail download directly to my Outlook inbox.

[quote user="tel"]

Hi,

Follow the instructions that 'Sunday Driver' advises.  If you have never checked your webmail even in France you must have thousands if messages in your 'indésirables' folder, as these are not downloaded by default using O.E.  You can change the settings of your mail account by logging on this way.

Regards

[/quote]

Most ISPs empty their spam-catcher boxes every 30 days or so.  I thought Orange did that, too. 

[quote user="tenniswitch"]

[quote user="londoneye"]If I go to the french orange site it automatically logs me in, and the idea was to practice trying to log in as if i am not here - although i am not feeling very here right now.
If I go to the uk one i have the sae trouble as before.   perhaps i will have to wait til in uk and try from diff computer.
[/quote]

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but it sounds as if you plan to try to access your wanadoo.fr email account via the orange.uk website when you are in the UK.

You do realize that wherever in the world you may be, you will have to access your wanadoo.fr email account via orange.fr?  And that you can do that either by setting your computer's email program (Outlook, Outlook Express or whatever) to download your email from the orange.fr website or you can go to the orange.fr site yourself and login there to view your email?

Personally, I prefer to have my wanadoo mail download directly to my Outlook inbox.

[/quote]

My account is with wanadoo.fr/orange.fr and I access it with "mail2web" , without altering any settings whatsoever !

[quote user="LEO"][quote user="tenniswitch"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My account is with wanadoo.fr/orange.fr and I access it with "mail2web" , without altering any settings whatsoever !

[/quote]

Neither do I have to change anything with Orange - I don't use mail2web or any other such like programme - you just login - it's simple.

Tim

[quote user="Cat"]... I think you will need to enter your "identifiant de connexion" and "mot de passe de connexion" ...[/quote]

You never have to enter these, except in your router or Livebox to made your home connection work.  The username and password for everything else are those for the mailbox.

[quote user="bmt"][quote user="Ron Avery"]Just google Orange.fr.[/quote]
LOL! Google? Just type www.orange.fr ...

[/quote]

Too hard, I only use a mouse!! [:P] Just to reiterate, if you take the option in OE as Tim suggested, to leave a copy on the server, if you have a lot of E mails with attachments they will fill up your orange inbox and it will start to reject messages. Also, if you leave OE open on your home computer, messages will not be available in the orange inbox as well, been there, sent the postcard!! 

[quote user="Timco"][quote user="LEO"][quote user="tenniswitch"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Neither do I have to change anything with Orange - I don't use mail2web or any other such like programme - you just login - it's simple.

Tim

[/quote]

Tim, I agree that it's simple and you don't need to change anything with Orange.  You can simply log in at the Orange website (and you can arrange for at least part of that to be automatic) or you can set up your email program to log in to the Orange account and to download your email automatically.

And I'm sure mail2web works fine, as does having your email forwarded to a Google account.  It's just that I have several email accounts (with different ISPs) and use the Outlook calendar a lot so I prefer to have all my mail download through Outlook.  One less "click".

Oh yes, I agree - it's what I do here - as well as Orange, I have accounts set up with BTinternet & a couple at Yahoo, as well as my wifes' address - all come through to this computer, if I'm on the laptop which runs Windows Mail, or elsewhere in the house on to Outlook, or even to Thunderbird on my Linux machine. They will automatically check for e-mails every few minutes, or, as you say, one click.

I'm not an e-mail obsessive - honest[:)]

Tim

Success - from neighbours computer via orange france, although I am not entirely sure how I did it ; but figure if I can do it once I will manage it when I am in Uk.  

Anyway if need be I can access this post from uk (I hope !) and look at some other methods (thumb permitting !!)

Thanks everyone.

If you are using an email program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you can have bother email addresses set up. You can only use the one to which you are connected to send emails though.

If this is too complicated just got to www.mail2web.com  Make sure you have your email address and the relevant password with you.

If you are using an email program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you can have both email addresses set up. You can only use the one to which you are connected to send emails though.

If this is too complicated just got to www.mail2web.com  Make sure you have your email address and the relevant password with you.

[quote user="Bilbo"]If you are using an email program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you can have both email addresses set up. You can only use the one to which you are connected to send emails though.
[/quote]

I have four e-mail addresses set up on Outlook  & Windows Mail & I can send and receive e-mails on any one of the addresses I choose.

Tim

[quote user="Timco"]

[quote user="Bilbo"]If you are using an email program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you can have both email addresses set up. You can only use the one to which you are connected to send emails though.
[/quote]

I have four e-mail addresses set up on Outlook  & Windows Mail & I can send and receive e-mails on any one of the addresses I choose.

Tim

[/quote]

Same here.  I have 4 email addresses set up on Outlook on my US computer, 6 on the French one (which the DH shares).  Each computer has one default address for sending, but I can choose from a drop-down list whichever address I want to use for sending an individual email.

The same was true when I was using Outlook Express.

This is not rocket science; truly, if I can set this up, anyone can.  (I'm the original Idiot for whom all Idiot's Guides are written.)