Problem with volume on laptop

When I download tv programmes on to my laptop, even though the volume is on full, the sound is very faint. I download through Real Player and have to connect external speakers to hear it properly. Please can anyone help?

Is it just these which are low volume or everything, i.e. when you play a CD for instance ?

Check that all inputs are turned up properly.

If you go to the Control Panel then Sounds and Audio Devices and explore around you will find several items which you can adjust the volume of.

Some laptops do have pathetic built in sound abilities [:(]

The sound output of my old acer is really poor, no matter what the source. Its permanantly plugged into my hifi amp now.

I have seen wee usb-powered external speakers that clip onto the casing of laptops in Tesco back home for under a tenner iirc. Granted its not going to be amazing quality, but probably better than nothing.

Thanks for the replies. The volume for cd's is fine. My laptop is a Sony and only 8 months old and frankly I have had more problems with this than I ever did with my Toshiba. Internet Explorer is now blocking everything and I can't access my messages though I have to admit to being a complete novice when things go wrong.

If cds play fine then your problem is maybe just a setting on the other inputs.  Just go into the volume control panel (double click on the loudspeaker icon) then crank up the sliders (Especially the one labled 'Wave' ) and you'll be  head banging with the best of 'em.

I have been messing with this all afternoon, I thought I would see if there was an update for Real Player, there was so I downloaded it. It would not play my downloaded programmes at all, message said needs more software to enable this to work, next message said there is no software for this. I then uninstalled Real Player and then installed it again and touch wood the volume seems louder. Thank you for all your help.

Next problem - Internet Explorer keeps stopping working and I can't get my messages, I am having to use Orange Gestionnaire and I can't use my favorites on this, where do all the problems come from?

Thanks for the link but I don't know how to access that file, I have tried a search but nothing found, as I said previously I am a novice. On my Internet Explorer page where it used to have my name it now says 'Bonjour - Identifez vous'.

[quote user="Steph1"]I am a novice. On my Internet Explorer page where it used to have my name it now says 'Bonjour - Identifez vous'.[/quote]

If you don't know who you are Steph1 I don't think anyone here can help you, I sure someone can recommend a good psychiatrist if you think that might help you remember, my wife does hypnotherapy [:D][:D][:D]

Sorry, couldn't resist.................[kiss]

Re my previous post, I mean for you to read the whole thread not look for the hosts file if thats what you mean ?

I don't know if it directly relates to your particular problem anyway but it's about problems with Orange mail.

Where do all the problems come from - you might as well ask "what is the meaning of life" - Or better still, phone Bill Gates [:P]

Note to self: Must refrain from even reading post's about Orange or Wanadoo mail or Liveboxes [Www]