Hi All,

I'm soon to complete the purchase of my first house in France and I am looking for a basic ADSL connection (no TV or Phone). It seems that Neuf offer a service for 14.90Euros a month for zone degroupee, and 19.90Euros non degroupee. I believe also that they are allowed to provide their own line, so there are no additional charges to FT.

Questions?

1. Am I correct about the traiff?

2. Can I use a standard ADSL modem from UK, to avoid renting from Neuf?

Many Thanks

Chris

The 19.90 cost also means that you have Téléphonie Neuf en présélection. This means that all your calls are carried by Neuf and you are billed by them and not FT. You still pay FT for the line rental. If you dont want to choose the preselection then it is 5 euros extra a month. This brings it up to similar price as Orange...

The use of another modem will probably be OK

Danny

I have had a similar offer with free...

No problems living without FT it's the same line maintained by the same people, but you don't pay the FT subscription.

On the other hand I live in a town. It might be different in the middle of the country.

[quote user="NormanH"]I have had a similar offer with free...
No problems living without FT it's the same line maintained by the same people, but you don't pay the FT subscription.
[/quote]

Unless your modem goes kaput, of course. Then you are without telephone as well as internet for however long and the only way to contact them is by...

Danny

[quote user="NormanH"] It might be different in the middle of the country.

[/quote]

Absolutely.  Were's the profit in installaing 10s of 1000s euros worth of infrastruture for a handful of customers.  I struggle to get dial-up working most of the time, broadband is just a dream !