Hotmail problems?

I think that I know what the problem is but not how to resolve it, I hope that someone can help please.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/apr/24/microsoft.email

It appears that outlook express users will no longer be able to access Hotmail unless they have upgraded to "windows live" which I havnt, I have been able to  get in up to now after about the 20th attempt , coming back to computer several times etc but not since finding the above information. All i get is a "your account cannot be accessed at this time" message, unfortunately I am in the midst of an important negotiation so it could not have come at a worse time.

When I try to sign up for live mail via the MSN site which I can access it gives me the same message and I do not have access to another computer to see if it works from that.

In a nutshell I think that I need to change to "windows live" to access hotmail but need to access hotmail to change [:@]

Editted:

Now it is telling me that I am temporarily logged in using hotmail classic due to a log in error and that I should clear my cache and cookies whatever that means [8-)] still cant get into the inbox though [:@]

I am just glad that I am no longer sat in the back of a shop in Bolivia paying for the worlds slowest connection whilst having these problems.

Yes exactly the same problem Les.

In fact now you say that I dont actually use outlook express! my hotmail address is my default home page on internet explorer.

So I think that I may have confused matters, I cannot access my account as described above via internet explorer homepage, using www.hotmail.com or through google, always the same error messages.

I have managed to delete my cookies (they are not called that on my French operating system) and then had to log in to hotmail (and this site) using my ID and password but still got the same messages from hotmail althoug now it is trying to load windows live but still cant.