I have a problem with my sky box. When I went to use it last night I noticed that the red light was on. Not unusual with the weather we've been having. However, it will not go green. I have tried unplugging, changing handsets but no joy. Any ideas please.

Redcap

It will take a few minutes after plugging in before it will allow you to turn it on to green. Try using the button on the box instead of the remote.

If there were storms perhaps a fuse has gone somewhere. Otherwise if it is an aged model perhaps its time has come!!!

Hi

I'm having the same problem as Redcap. When I go into av, which normally takes me to Sky, the screen displays the letters AV1 only. The lights remain red and I can get nothing else. I have checked all the connections and there seems to be no prob there.  I've had no joy with the button on the skybox. The same happened after a storm before, and a friend did something simple which rectified it. Unfortunately, he didn't enlighten me and is not around to ask. Any bright ideas gratefully received.

Regards

Loire

Unplug it and leave it for a few minutes before plugging back in. After a power outage my boxes (2) sometimes sulk on red until I do this.

Also, as Bilbo says, use the button on the box to turn it on not the remote.

I like to keep a spare box handy so I have in fact got 3, cheap enough on eBay, UK that is [;-)]

Amazing how often this actually works.

I look after a network offshore and whenever somebody calls me with a problem I usually tell them to do a full power down reboot and call me if the problem persists, guess what, over 50% never call back.

I have an idea that some versions of the software are more suseptable than others to this problem of getting into a state and locking.

Our village is having some EDF re-wiring, and as a result, we get dips and micro-breaks in the supply while they are working on it. Just long enough to make the Sky box, the DVD recorder, the PC and the microwave all either shut down or drop into standby.

One of my skyboxes is currently in disgrace because it refuses to wake up again from this state. Responding to neither the remote nor the set front button. However I agree that more often than not, yanking the mains lead and counting to 10 before plugging it in again, usually effects a cure.

Next time there's a software revision sent OTA it will probably fix itself