no satellite signal being received!!! HELP!!

Hello, This may have been asked a million times and I have trawled this forum for an answer so please bear with me!!

I have a Sky Digibox with card inserted and have had no problems watchin and receiving UK TV until 2 days ago, when it said ' no satellite signal being received'

I have taken my digibox to another dish and it works fine so what is my problem, can anyone help!

Many thanks in advance.

Swooky

Dept 74

Thanks again for your replies.  Still having problems though. 

I assume my dish is aligned correctly as the 'system set up/ signal test' gives the right co-ordinates i.e. 0002 and 7421d although the lock indicator says 'not locked' and nothing in the 'signal quality' box.

The LNB and dish are new (2 months) and we didn't have any problems previously.  The night we lost it there was a bad storm but it was still working after the storm finished and then lost it about an hour or two later - if this helps.

I can't get hold of another box to see if the system works on that.

Swooky

Unplug the box, count to 30, plug back in .  Then wait for perhaps 5 minutes while box reboots. The signal reading frequently locks at the last reading it had.  If you have good signal strength say 75 % plus and no quality it is probable either the disk alignment or skew have slipped slightly. Carefully mark their current positions ( scratch for elevation and a marker say 10 mentres away for direction ) Then move the dish by minute amounts ( thickness of a piece of paper ) count to 20 and check the reading to see if they are better,

[quote user="swooky"]

I assume my dish is aligned correctly as the 'system set up/ signal test' gives the right co-ordinates i.e. 0002 and 7421d although the lock indicator says 'not locked' and nothing in the 'signal quality' box. [/quote]

We had a similar message ie no sat signal being received, the day following a night of gales; so my OH shinned up the ladder and tweaked the dish and lo and behold signal quality resumes its former 80% level and all normal services are back in place.

Sue