Friends have a french laptop and Windows which is in French.  This was loaded by their daughter who could speak fluent French.

However, now that daughter is back living in England, friends would like to change the language on their Windows to English but we are not sure how to do that.  Could someone help us to change the French Windows into the English language.

I originally thought you could do it through Control Panel, but we could not find it.  I am sure it is quite simple, but I just can't think where you need to go to change it.

Any help much appreciated.

Jan

Not available with Vista Home Premium, unless a language pack is purchased.

[quote]Use multiple languages

Windows Vista Ultimate is

available in 35 languages—simultaneously. If you have a multilingual

household or are learning a new language, you can install as many

languages as you want and even switch between them as easily as logging

off and back on again. And if your family shares a single PC, each

family member can use his or her preferred language to interact with

the PC.[/quote]

More info here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4a90fe71-cca6-4965-ab39-97f92ca1a03f1033.mspx

The OP hasn't said which Windows system is being used.

Madeira Jon is correct, it is only Vista Ultimate which natively allows a full system language change. There is a 3rd party app called Vistalizator which claims to enable it on lesser versions however I understand that it is not without it's own problems.

There is also a way to have Multilingual XP but it involves horrid expense and a complete reinstall.