Computer clean up program - Tim?

As I suspect you may still be watching Tim,  could you please remind me of that computer clean up prog you recommended about six months ago - it cleaned up the registry,  deleted unnecessary start up's etc...

I ask as we are with friends with a badly limping laptop.

Thanks

That looks like the one

[quote user="Tim"]

It's not a 'cure all' but I would give Advanced Windows Care - free edition - a go. It's dead simple to use once downloaded, although I would uncheck the 'Privacy Sweep' box as it removes all your logins which can be a bit of a nuisance. It gives the machine a quick 'once over' including the registry and clears a load of rubbish and junk from the machine, although I would hope you haven't got too much of that with a new hard drive. It's a little more gentle than CC Cleaner.

It also gives you a list of all the programmes that kick in on start up and lets you decide which ones you want and the ones you're not bothered about.

As with all these things, it's important to update it before you use it, but I've installed it on many machines and it's made improvements on all of them mainly with XP, although I do have it installed on this Vista laptop.

I have no connection with this programme other than use it every week.

Regards - Tim

[/quote]

I do apologise Martin - stepped away from the computer for a minute.

Thanks to all who remembered the one I mentioned.

You have done better than some of the friends and relatives I've helped by putting on this little programme. The number of times I've 'update then run'!!

As I said previously, I would advise, Martin, to untick the 'Privacy Sweep' box though. It removes all your logins which can be a bit of a nuisance, depending on your preferences of course.

Tim