Wireless router degradation

One thing I've just found is on the Free.Fr website it says one should remove the condensers inside the main phone socket as they really don't have any function and degrade the broadband signal. Can I take it that's correct?  (I know it's nothing to do with the wifi as such).

Steve

[quote user="Slast"]One thing I've just found is on the Free.Fr website it says one should remove the condensers inside the main phone socket as they really don't have any function and degrade the broadband signal. Can I take it that's correct?  (I know it's nothing to do with the wifi as such).

Steve

[/quote]

It was the first thing a technician did to ours when we went for broadband.

Must say Thanks for this thread which encouraged a different approach to a  headbanging problem I have had for some time between my son's computer and the second relay Neuf box  We rearranged the position of the computer in his bedroom (raised it off the floor by 3 feet and moved it 2 feet to the left). His reception is now very steady and much upgraded.  He is delighted and my head hurts less.  Had previously tried moving the router, but this had little or no effect and as there are three computer all using the same router, what was good for one was a disaster for the others!