The best internet & phone package

Hi Everyone

At the moment I have internet with orange via france tellecom at 31.90 euros a month at a broadband speed of 512k. Our phone account is also with FT and works out to be about 60 euros every 2 months. So this is a monthly spend of about 60 euros. I would like to get a package internet & phone and save some money. I need to have calls to the uk and france. Most of the cheaper packages seem to offer france only so thats no good for me.

Has anyone got any ideas, Thankyou.  

I've just signed up for an SFR Neufbox for about 34 euros per month which includes free calls to most of Europe and some other places and no line rental. But I've just been told it is going to take more than 28 days to be up and running which was NOT what I was told on the phone....

Well I don't know if this would suit you but we also have the FT deal - 1 meg broadband for €24.90 a month - nothing else. We still have our FT phone line.

Through our broadband we use Skype. This gives us free calls to other Skype users and most of our friends and family also use Skype.

But for other calls to the UK we pay Skype €33 a year for unlimited calls to UK landlines.

This also gives us a UK number so that people in the UK can call us without making an international call.

I know that this means for us that the laptop is on most of the time, but only when we're at home and Skype provide an answerphone for when the computer is switched off.

There are many deals around and we are always looking to see if there is something that would suit us better, but at the moment, this system does very well for us.

Regards - Tim

Hi teapot,

I have used teleconnect since I arrived in France in  Sept 07. A few initial set up problems, but because they have an English speaking helpline it was corrected very very quickly. I pay 39.90€ per month for broadband, unlimited calls to UK and France and I also have a cheap priced number for people to call me from the UK. They have recently asked for people to go 'fully' teleconnect with their line rental option, but I have decided to stick with FT for my line as I prefer to have a back up should the PC ever crash for any length of time. I have always found their staff helpful when I have had a query (very rare).

tuppence