cleaning tv screens

THE outside of tv screen appears to have a mark on it and after gentle cleaning it seems larger.

Is the screen like a liquid crystal display which when you press on them can be distorted?

TV  is  2 years old  and cleaner was propriety window clener spayed on to surface.

THANKS.

Hi,

If the screen is glass and not plasma/lcd, you may find a mild solution of washing up liquid on a slightly damp cloth works well. Obviously disconnect the tv from the mains first!! Also make sure it is well polished and dryed with a soft cloth or paper towel afterwards.

I'm sure I've seen a proprietary LCD screen cleaner in Super U as well, if you feel like splashing out!!

Pete

[quote user="Ab"]

I tried the expensive wipes but shadow? still there

I thinkit is behind the glass tv 3 years old thompson flat screen.any comments?

[/quote]

If you do have a glass protective screen then you may have a small area of moisture behind the glass.  If there is no glass screen cover then the following info may be of interest.  LCD screens have a protective coat applied at the factory.  To clean them you should not use abrasive or chemical cleaners just a soft damp cloth.  I would suggest that the 'shadow' is where you have rubbed the protective coat off the screen.

• 1 month later...

My son visited this weekend from uk and he gently touched the screen and it shows movement under the glass so i will go to tv shop tomorrow as I paid 750 euro for this thomson model and it is 6months past the2 year guarantee--do you think i should have it repaired free??