Can someone explain to me how this is supposed to work.  I know for a fact that I have had at least three calls since 25th on the home phone.  Yet it only reveals the call on 25th as the last call.  It is not because I have answered the calls because before I have been able to get the number of the person I spoke to by calling 3131.  Is it a bit hit and miss this last number business.  I know that if they hide their id there is a different message telling me this.

Georgina

Not sure I follow you, Cathy...

3131 gives the last unanswered call, so I am not sure how you could have got the number of the person you had spoken to by dialling it... [8-)]

Worth knowing: to remove the last number registered by 3131, dial 3131, hang up, then dial #92#.

My understanding, and experience, of the 3131 system is that it only retains one number, i.e. the last unanswered call, which I believe was Cathy's point.

Any previously retained number is lost by being superceded by the last unanswered one.  If you use the facility of calling the last unanswered  number by dialling "5" then that number too is erased.

Yes I can confirm that I have spoken to someone and then got the number.  I can also confirm that as in sales calls where the id is withheld mostly, the operator tells me that the number is not stored (I can't remember the phrase but whenever it is a sales call it is the same). Can anyone else confirm that it is just the unanswered call, as I don't find this.

Georgina

[quote user="Georgina"]Yes I can confirm that I have spoken to someone and then got the number.[/quote]

Could that person have tried to call you before you spoke to them, thereby have their number retained by 3131?

[quote user="Georgina"]Can anyone else confirm that it is just the unanswered call, as I don't find this.[/quote]

That's what FT says about the service: 3131

I use 3103 and this gives me details of all missed calls and messages where appropriate (obviously if numbers have been withheld, then we are only told that someone has called) and unless I save or delete them, they will stay current.