Anti virus - recommendations please.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]I hardly ever do a full scan with Avast because I rely on the online scanning agents. So far I have seen absolutely no evidence of viral infection on either of my internet-connected Windows boxes.[/quote]Which could of course mean something very good - or something very bad - which is the perennial problem with every AV, they all require a certain degree of faith [geek]

Teapot.

I've been using Access in various incarnations since v2 (The last Win 3.1 version). I'm currently running Access 2003 on a Vista box to process a seriously large data migration.

When I put AVG 8.0 on my previousVista box that was happily running Access it completely broke it -- I could not fire up Access directly or by opening a .mdb file. Removing AVG 8.0 fixed the problem. For me an anti-virus that cannot work with mainstream applications and operating systems is not worth having on my machines. For all I know AVG have now fixed the problem, but I can't be bothered to do the testing to ensure that some stress factor won't break things at full bore.

• 2 weeks later...