HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY CONNECT A LAPTOP TO A LIVE BOX

hello

is there anyone out there that's still awake

I have a computer with live box however having brought a new laptop today has proved to be very frustrating

I can not get an internet connection (although the signal is strong!), I'm stuck at.....

trying to put in the security code (using the 26 digit number on the back of booklet) and says no network found

can someone help please

save me from a nervous breakdown pleeaassee

Marmite

[quote user="tulip"]

I have a computer with live box however having brought a new laptop today has proved to be very frustrating

I can not get an internet connection (although the signal is strong!), I'm stuck at.....

trying to put in the security code (using the 26 digit number on the back of booklet) and says no network found

can someone help please[/quote]

You have remembered to press the button on the Livebox which puts it in pairing mode for 10 minutes to give you time to input the security code?

Sue

Hello again

Just to say

Thank you very much for the replies

With your advice and a sudden small brainwave managed to connect to the live box ....at last ...phew.....

Anyway hope you all have a good day

Tulip

[quote user="tulip"]

With your advice and a sudden small brainwave managed to connect to the live box ....at last ...phew.....[/quote]

Don't tell me you forgot to switch on the wireless enabling switch on the side/back of your laptop?

This is not as unkind as it sounds as I did just this. I had no idea that my laptop had a special switch to turn on its acceptance of a wireless signal; as I had not ever used a laptop wirelessly before I got my present one.

You live, you learn.

Sue

What was the small brainwave as we have been trying for a month to no avail nothing works and we are currently waiting for a man from orange to come to our house, we press the button and type in the key and all it says it "the settings on your computor do not match the settings on your livebox" 3900 and the english speaking helpline cannot help we are at our wits end.

• 4 weeks later...
You don't say if your laptop actually finds the Livebox but just does not connect, you could check to see if your SSID is set to broadcast, by typing http://192.168.1.1  into your Internet browser or click on the link in blue, both passwords are normally "admin". then check out the wireless settings. Also you could try changing the channel number, save the settings then press the association button on the Livebox and try again.