Extending audio to other rooms

I'm not certain whether this is the right place to post this query but... we have recently had a dish fitted to our home in France and this together with the freeview box enables us to receive a wide range of UK tv and radio stations. The radio signal has previously always been poor  but this problem is now 'sorted' with the installation of the dish and box. We would like to be able to listen to the radio in rooms other than where the box and tv are situated, eg kitchen, dining room etc. We don't mind if it's via a wired system or wireless but I'm looking for some means of getting the signal to these other rooms. I would like to be able to use some discreet speakers but don't want to pay a fortune. Any ideas ?  alanc

The small transmitters that are sold to work with iPods and other mp3 players work with my Sky box . I assume that the Freesat boxes might also have audio connectors so that you can connect to hifi systems or whatever. If so you can use one of these transmitters and then receive the output on any FM radio. You need to tune the output so that it doesn't clash with a locally broadcast frequency but should meet your needs OK.

Many thanks for all of the responses. I recall ( not in France at the mo') that the freeview box doesn't have the necessary connections but the various suggestions have given me some ideas - that is with the exception of the one from ErnieY! I fear that the neighbours would be able to hear the audio better than we would but thanks for the contribution !!