spilt orangina on laptop -help

hi,

I just spilt on keyboard a little soft drink so dried as far as possible and prized off 2 keys to check underneath,

the windows emblem and the opposite side of space bar-key (WITH A BOOK SYMBOL ON IT ) between alt gr and ctrl

YOU CAN SEE I AM NOT COMPUTER LITERATE!

They  seem to snap back on ok except the second one and when playing around I found I had no letters typed after pressing the T,H,C and V keys.

I REBOOTED AND I HAVE THEM BACK.

THCV!!!

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN AND DO I NEED TO TAKE ANY OTHER ACTION.??

THANKS.[8-)][:$][B]

P.S. I am normally very carefull with allowing drinks near my laptop -this is the first accident.

There is no logical explanation for what you experienced, either why the keys 'disappeared' or why a reboot brought them back.

Spilling anything on a keyboard is never a good idea but soft drinks are really bad news as not only can the syrupy stickiness cause keys to jam but if it gets onto the printed circuit board below it can actually eat away the copper tracks resulting in irreparable damage. If it gets into the bowels of a laptop then it can be Goodnight Vienna !

THANKS,

SO IF KEY BOARD GAVE TROUBLE AM I RIGHT TO THINK I COULD PLUG INTO THE SIDE A KEYBOARD ONLY AS PEOPLE USE WITH THE LARGE STATIONARY COMPUTER SET-UPS.?

TODAY HAVE KEYS WORKING  -QUESTION WHAT IS THE KEY TO THE RHS OF SPACE BAR DO? I HAD REMOVED THE TOP AND HAD TROUBLE CLIPPING IT BACK ON--IT HAS A SIGN LIKE A LINED PAGE WITH ARROW--THERE I TOLD YOU I AM A DUMBO WITH THESE COMPUTERS>>

SON SAID I COULD HAVE CRACKED THE ENIGMA CODE WHEN I TRIED TO SEND HIM A MESSAGE FOR HELP AS SO MANY LETTERS WERE MISSING.