Changing password for Alice email

A friend (who is also with Alice) asked me to help him change the password for his Alice email address.   He has a security concern which doesn't need airing here but it's important that the password should be changed as soon as possible.

And I have to say I'm stumped.   I've had a look at my Alice pages perso and although I can see how to create a secondary address with a new password I can't see if there's a way to alter the main address password.

Maybe one has to ring Alice and do it that way.

However,   if anyone could help he (and I) would be very grateful.

I bet Danny knows how to do it!

Thanks.

That's very interesting,  thanks Cat,   and a bit worrying too!

I think I'll suggest he takes advantage of the idea of creating a secondary address,  with a different password,  and then gets his sensitive (in this case legal) advice sent to the new address.

But it's an interesting problem....

I wonder if Alice charge extra for a second address.

That thought crossed my mind,  but in view of Cat's links I'd guess that it merely sends some sort of reminder of your existing one....?

However,   it's worth a try so when I go up and see my mate tonight I'll give it a go - don't want to experiment on my parameters but nothing to lose on his.

Thanks.

Hello,

It used to be possible (before March 2009) in the "Espace abonné" to change the email login name and password. This change also affected the login to the espace abonné.

This facility has been stopped temporarily.

In the last year ALICE has been bought by Iliad, the company who owns FREE. Although still run as a separate business with a distinct contract for Alice subscribers, we are basically now part of Free...

Since March this year all of Alice subscribers account details started to be merged with those of Free's. The merging of physical equipment in the telephone exchanges is also underway. This enables Alice subscribers to possibly benefit from Free's network and vice versa.

Once this process is fully complete, the ability to change settings via the espace abonné is supposed to be reinstated.

All I can suggest is that the original poster contacts the service clients on 1033 and asks for the change to be made. They may say that it is impossible - only because at this time it is more complicated for them to do. But I am sure if you insist that because your security has been compromised, unless they change your details, you will have to cancel your subscription, they will manage to sort it out. [;-)]

At least 1033 is still free to call [:)]

Good luck

Danny

Thanks Danny - I'll pass on your ideas to my mate.

As you say,  the fact one can still call Alice for nowt is very very good.    And -  to my amazement -  they credited that €10 refund to my bank account about a week ago after a silence of three months - I was on the point of having another go at them.

Goodness it's hot here today....