Download problem.

For the past week I have been experiencing bizarre problems with downloads. I have Google chrome and Firebox installed and when I download, the tab at the bottom normally when clicking on the tab the download opens and I can if necessary print off.Now by clicking on the tab, it opens a new download, and so on and if I am not careful I could have a dozen downloads. Tried downloading from Firefox, but that then sends to Chrome and off we go again.If I go to downloads the process starts duplicating again. Any ideas?

Slight confusion here as to what you mean by 'download'. Obviously everything you see on the screen is downloaded however the term is normally taken to mean a programme or say an audio or video file etc. which you save somewhere for subsequent use but your reference to printing suggests that you may actually be talking about documents such as .pdf's for instance which normally open in the browser from where you can print them directly. Is this what you are having problems with ?

Can you point us to an actual sample 'download' you are having this problem with ?

I seem to be having all sorts of problems.For example I receive each month a copy of French accent magazine which is in PDF format and then has elements of audio contained therein.I have kept these in my download file in My documents but if I click on the edition I need it opens a tab in Chrome which if I select the open option , opens up another download. I first became aware of the problem when I downloaded an instruction manual for a Doro Matra 916CR terlephone, from Doro, for a neighbour.It came in PDF format. I have even downloaded it to a CD but again when I select open another download opens up.

Google Chrome irritated me and I don't even have it installed anymore so I can't try to replicate your problem.

I know the French accent files you mention though but the attendant audio files are not embedded in the pdf but have to be individually downloaded.

Do you have Adobe reader installed or better still Foxit, a free much less resource hungry alternative for .pdf files.