Orange PAYG in the US

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Yes, it is unlocked. I unlocked it soon after getting it. I'm planning on getting a US payg card when I get there, but it would be nice to be able to text the person waiting for me at the airport as i get through the many stages to getting out.[/quote]

I agree that it would be convenient, but I don't see how you would connect to a carrier w/your Orange SIM.  Maybe I'm missing something.  All I would see on my Orange mobile would be a "No Service" message.

Well, this seems to indicate I should be alright:

http://assistance.orange.fr/activer-mode-international-mobile-2021.php

L'accès au mode international est gratuit et vous permet d'utiliser votre mobile à l'étranger, dans les pays qui disposent d'un réseau de téléphonie mobile ayant signé un accord avec Orange.

1Le mode international est activé par défaut si :

* vous êtes titulaire d'un forfait bloqué ou mobicarte

I use mobicarte, so I assume it will all be automatic when I arrive.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]It might be because it's in Europe Quillan. My orange works in the UK too, but no idea about the US.[/quote]

Maybe my French cell phone just isn't tri-band.

CdL, have you asked anyone at Orange if it will work in the US?  It would be expensive (roaming with a vengeance), but if you're only going to use it once or twice while you're in the airport...

Sorry, must have posted this while you were posting your update.  Sounds good.  Hope you have a good trip.