Free and no FT

I cant actually see anywhere on my account where you can select or subscribe to this even though it keeps a record of missed calls etc.

If you just use it to screen calls to dare I say avoid speaking French or telesales calls the best thing is to select the option rejet d'appels anonym which will filter out 99% of them.

You must have spent a lot of money over 6 years for caller ID.

We use the caller ID to see which one of our 'friends' is calling - better to be forwarned........... Did turn on the reject anonymous calls but then our doctor couldn't get through (he has an anonymous number!). I had searched through the Free telephone options and couldn't find one for the ID. Have kept the FT line as people have had problems when their lines were down but after 10+ years in France I don't really remember there being a problem. 16 plus euros could go towards taxe d'habitation etc. Has anyone had problems after they cut the cord from FT?

[quote user="Fewdyshen"]We've been satisfied users of Free for the past six years and are considering giving up paying FT for the line. Will we still be able to have caller ID?
[/quote]

here is the page which lists all the services for incoming calls with FREE

you can see 'affichage du numéro de l'appelant' and 'affichage de nom de l'appelant' listed so you should continue to know who is calling if you only use the phone plugged in to the freebox.

I am assuming that you already use the telephone service via the freebox. I suppose it would be easy to test at the moment by asking someone to call your 'Free' number and see if it displays...
This would seem a simple test or am I missing something?

Danny

Looks like its there as default then, I dont have a compatible telephone but as the OP is asking whether they will lose the service I have to assume that they have.

The next question is where do they have the phone plugged in to?

I think that we must be missing something obvious, they surely cant have been using the service for 6 years and kept paying FT for all their calls?

Editted.

No they must be using a compatible phone at the moment plugged into the Freebox and are worried about losing the functionality without the FT line, you have confirmed that they wont.

It seems that the answer to most questions are somewhere on the Free site but they are very often well hidden. I have scoured the 'interface de gestion' pages and only found how to suppress our number etc. We have Siemens Gigaset phones linked to Freebox and only use Free. Another base station is plugged into FT and any calls to that go straight to voicemail - some friends and family forget to use the Free number. I had always assumed that the caller ID was courtesy of FT (by paying too) but now I realise that the numbers are displayed on a purely Free line. We've had the ID service from the days when we had an FT ISDN line............. yes, that long ago.

The question remains as to whether it is foolish to give up the FT line. I'm all for it but cautious husband says that he is pro 'belt and braces'.  Help me convince him!!

It has been quite a few years since I needed the help of this forum.  I had stopped looking at the questions as I'd been there and done it.  Often trawl through the French forums (or fora if you prefer) but no one had asked these questions there. Thank you for coming to my aid!!