This morning at 00.46a.m. an e-mail  in French was sent to me, stating that 324euro had been put into my account  in erreur ,as I had the same name  as a person who was to be credited this money.

The mail was from "Service Client"<[email protected]> and asked me to open a link to http:// mailboxfrance-web.com/information.php and" completez les informations de votre formulaire special remboursement"!

I have not opened the link .....but surely SFR DOES NOT WORK AT MIDNIGHT!   I suppose they send this scam on a Saturday when banks are closed half day.

I have not had any credit paid in today.Should SFR be told of this message

Appreciate your comments.

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ANY DECENT COMPANY WOULD SEND A LETTER AND NOT AN E-MAIL.

I AM NOT VERY CONVERSANT WITH COMPUTERS AND I AM  70 YEARS YOUNG.

thanks.

Simple way to check: if they mean credited to your bank account, wait and check it online or in the next few days at your bank. So what if they pay you some dosh by mistake? Their problem, not yours!!!

But as you know it's a scam. We get loads of them, interestingly to our office email address not the one which is 'the' email registered for bills etc with neuf/sfr.

Check the spelling.

Another regular one is a 'mise à jour' asking for your password

One we often get from from [email protected]

Cher Client :

En raison de preoccupations pour l'integrite de nos chers clients

nous avons publie ce message d'avertissement.

Il a ete porte a notre attention que vos informations personnels doit etre

mise a jour dans le cadre de notre

engagement a reduire les cas de fraude sur notre site Web blah blah (I won't quote it to avoid anyone clicking on it)

Une fois que vous avez mise a jour vos informations personnels

le service ne sera pas interrompu et se poursuivra comme d'habitude

As a good rule of thumb..

Anything which starts with 'Cher Client' rather than your actual name or account number should be regarded as phishing unless you have good reason to think otherwise.

Any computer system which can't generate your actual name doesn't deserve your attention.  Bin it !

p