Help with Mail Inbox - recovered message blocking send/receive

Hello

I would most grateful if somebody could help me with this. Yesterday I sent a message to an incorrect email address and then deleted it (or thought I did!) while it was in the Outbox. Since then it keeps appearing in a 'Recovered Messages' folder and despite deleting it each time, it keeps coming back and consequently I am unable to send/receive.

Can anybody advise how I can stop this and get back to a fully functioning Mailbox?

Many thanks in anticipation.

CBC65

Going to need a bit more info.

What mail system do you use and what is the interface on your computer i.e. do you access via your web browser, if so do you use Hotmail or similar or do you use something like Outlook or Outlook Express (Microsoft mail program)?

On a slightly different track, but to do with the mail inbox.

Not being a computer buff myself, I would like to resolve a small problem that I have. SPAM.

I have recently found that while deleting mail from the undesirable section of my Orange mail, which are all classified as being SPAM. 99.9 per cent are spam, from a female going by the name of Vi-Agra, cheeky sod, But.

I have noted several of these emails are from people I know and certainly trust to have the necessary security in place for this not to happen. I have also had messages from this very forum that have been catalogued as being spam!!

Are my security settings set a little too high?

Mr W:  you might well find that you receive emails from friends because their email password has been compromised.  Many people use the same password for pretty much everything and as a consequence once the spammers have found a password (on a shopping website or something similar) they will try it on the email account of the victim.  If it works they can then hijack the email address book and send spurious emails under the victim's name......

It's not hard to fix - let your friends know what is happening and suggest they change their email account password.

Good luck

Are you still having problems with the rogue mail item? If you are then let me know and I will try to help. Have you made sure that a copy is not still in your outbox?

I always helps to quote the version of OS X and the program version that you are using. Also putting Mac or Apple in the header posting will attract attention from the right people more easily.

David

Thank you for your message. I managed to sort out the problem (whether in the right way or not, I'm not sure) - mail server seemed to have transformed into a different type, so I amended it based on information from my IP. So far, so good, fingers crossed.

CBC

[quote user="DavidSteward"]Are you still having problems with the rogue mail item? If you are then let me know and I will try to help. Have you made sure that a copy is not still in your outbox?

I always helps to quote the version of OS X and the program version that you are using. Also putting Mac or Apple in the header posting will attract attention from the right people more easily.

David[/quote]

Thank you for your message. I managed to sort out the problem (whether in the right way or not, I'm not sure) - mail server seemed to have transformed into a different type, so I amended it based on information from my IP. So far, so good, fingers crossed.

CBC