Do I have an ex-Sky+ box ?

Earlier this afternoon up popped error message 29 - "no sat signal being received. Unplug from mains, plug back in, wait 5 mins and try again (has nothing changed since early days of photocopiers?)".

Carried out instructions and now have message "searching for listings" but finding eff all.

Help svp

John

[quote user="Iceni"]

Earlier this afternoon up popped error message 29 - "no sat signal being received. Unplug from mains, plug back in, wait 5 mins and try again (has nothing changed since early days of photocopiers?)".

Carried out instructions and now have message "searching for listings" but finding eff all.

Help svp

John

[/quote]

Well you haven't missed much, bog all on telly, play some music and be happy [:)]

If everything else fails and you know another Brits who has a Sky box try taking it round their house and connecting it to their dish if they will let you. At least you will know if its the box or the dish. If it is the box I bought a new one from a bloke on Ebay (UK) who charged me £55 including delivery and a 12 month warranty. He seems to have sold load and has a 99.9% rating and has been around a few years. Mine worked fine by the way, much quicker than the old Panasonic one I had.

All's well with the world - problem cured though I'm not sure how.

Removed and re-inserted all leads (again)

Removed card, polished on shirtfront and replaced some minutes later (again).

Switched off at mains, waited what seemed like hours but only 10 minutes and switched on (longer wait this time).

"Searching for listings" message then I left the room to check whether steam driven sky box in another room worked. It did so dish must still be on the wall.

Sky+ box now working.

Thanks for all your help.

John