RJ45 socket wiring

Well, you and I seem to have a difference of opinion on what is amusing. I feel that there was more than a tad of obfuscation in there.

I've just had another trawl through the web and am no nearer knowing the best solution. Looking at the kit available, there seems to be no accepted standard for when to use the RJ11 and when the RJ45.

(Yes, I am sure the NF is "the" standard, but it doesn't seem to be accepted).

[quote user="JohnM"]Well, you and I seem to have a difference of opinion on what is amusing. I feel that there was more than a tad of obfuscation in there. I've just had another trawl through the web and am no nearer knowing the best solution. Looking at the kit available, there seems to be no accepted standard for when to use the RJ11 and when the RJ45. (Yes, I am sure the NF is "the" standard, but it doesn't seem to be accepted).[/quote]

The NF is the standard, whatever the particular historical version.

The NF C 15-100 is a result of European Harmonisation so domestic construction post 2008 will be similar throughout Europe. The gigogne T connection, the RJ11 and the RJ45 still have years of use left. So if you want to get your knickers in a twist that is your prerogative and not forgetting the avid brainwashed readers of the Connection. The VDI system is but a small part of the general application of the NF standards.

The basic connection of the RJ45 is as follows but this will vary according to the Grade of the installation.

[IMG]http://stielec.ac-aix-marseille.fr/cours/abati/domo/images/vdi11.gif[/IMG]

The colour coding is as follows, it will be in the box when your RJ45 kit arrives as well

[IMG]http://stielec.ac-aix-marseille.fr/cours/abati/domo/images/vdi13.gif[/IMG].

The unbared wires are cut to 13mm in length; the closer of the riders makes the connection...NO NEED FOR THOSE FUNNY CLAMPY TOOL THINGS used by the RAF.[;-)]