what do I do to get wi fi ?

The Livebox has it so all you need is a WiFi equipped laptop (= just about any sold in the past 5 years or more) or, if you have a desktop PC, a WiFi card or USB dongle.

I think you may be able to get a dongle from Orange either free or at minimal cost but they are not expensive anyway.

• 4 months later...
Hello AnO. Thought i'd best use this thread ,I might get told off for hi-jacking the other.

Re ,the lack of wifi icon. None anywhere. Not on "internet conections" on control panel. D'ya think I need to get an adapter? Bearing in mind I may be asking you the wrong questions!

[quote user="AnOther"]

You have go all that is dear to you backed up haven't you [blink]

[/quote]

Are you going 'native' these days?

I agree that it's important to back up your data just in case, normally just the folder called 'My Documents' and everything inside it.

Thought I'd get some cheeeky replies!

Yes we are a couple of luddites and only use the comp 'cos we have to . I don't know why we have to invest in a new one when were happy with this. It trolls along quiet nicely, possibly 'cos we've never done much on it. The prob is that folks who stay are starting to demand wifi.

Thanks AOnother i'll try that!

A good way to back up, keep everything safe and be able to share stuff with family and friends is to beg, steal or borrow an old PC, put a couple of 500mb hard drives in and buy a copy of Microsoft Home Server for about £80. It will allow you to share stuff, even away from home, automatically backup your entire disk as an image so if the HDD fails stuff a new one in, boot of either a floppy or CD and in about 20 minutes everything is back as it was. If you put two drives in it will RAID its self so if one drive fails you still have all your data.