I've had my Humax box for 2 years and it's performed very well... that is until the last couple of weeks, when it has suffered an attack of poor English, and then taken ages to set up a recording!

On certain channels, and I haven't been able to pin it down yet to just one or more than one, when I select a programme from the programme list, for example for later in the day or evening, it displays the message "Please wait for receiving programme information". It can take a minute or more before it will acknowledge the record request.

It appears that some programme data is not readily available!? Has something changed in the way this works?

It's currently 52% and it's never been over 60%. I must have a clear-out as there are some things on there from the end of last year and it's fairly clear that I'm not going to watch them now!

That's interesting! Crappy software update! Oh well, after reading all that, I fall into the "I love my Humax box" category, but they've definitely messed up!

A couple of workarounds there, and a hint about restoring the old software. I don't think I'll bother with the restore!

Thanks for the link Bob, you've answered my query.

Press 'Schedule' then 'Red'.

No need to press the guide button. EPG updates are now routinely done (along with other stuff) by the box automatically at 03:00 (UK time).

If the box is off 15 minutes before a scheduled recording is due, it switches on to check if there has been any more EPG changes.

Do you know you can access all the stuff on your Humax from your PC (if you have a network)?

Regards,

Paul.

I didn't know I could access stuff from my PC. I read about the iplayer but without VPN that looks a no-go.

Tell me what software I need please; I'd like to give it a go. That's assuming I can use a CPL box to connect back to the router?

Currently I'm copying stuff, films mostly, to a USB key and using that on my laptop;  a direct link would be much better!

Yes, Paul, thanks from me too. I've started reading the links and there's a lot of terminology I haven't heard before, specific to these boxes. There appears to be a whole world of hackers and fiddlers out there!

And another thank you to Paul from me.

I will have to have a good read , I would like to get the Iplayer side working on my Humax ...here in Cyprus I can link to the front page but obviously I can get no further.

Got my Humax networked at last; not quite as straightforward as the instructions indicated... there was a vital step missing! Only after trying the same thing several times did I realise it.

I can now watch recorded programmes on my PC, and as the pc screen is good quality all I really lack is the size (pardon me, vicar!).

Excellent tip, Paul, thanks!