Streaming UK TV site

I tried it on my 36" TV via box that lets me access the Internet but to be honest once you get up to the size of a decent TV the picture quality is rubbish. Works OK on my mobile phone and with the small screen looks OK. Perhaps you need to go for the HD version but I suspect you need to pay for that.

I understand that many have found Expat Shield, free, and BBC iPlayer or ITV player works well at times. Download to play later if it keeps hanging would appear to work ok according to some or is this all naughty? Maybe someone who has used this would let the rest of us know what they think!.............JR

• 2 weeks later...
There are various solutions for TV from the UK. Using a VPN service is good, using a Proxy service not quite, Freesat of course is excellent. One limitation is that some devices can't be set up with either a VPN or Proxy. AppleTV is one and I think a PS3 or xBox might be difficult too. Boxeebox is another. To use these you need either a router which can create a VPN for you or there is a service using a DNS server change. This latter solution has one advantage that it backs out of the loop once the streaming service recognises the UK IP address that it signs in with and then all the bandwidth is available for the stream. As John says if the iPlayer solutions hang then you can always download, eztv.it is a good source for TV series.

If anyone wants to know more about the VPN on a router or the DNS solution PM me.

Richard