Roaming with Free?

We had a weekend in Andora a week back and when I looked at what mobile cover I had it was 'zilch'/nowt. I didn't even think that it would be necessary there? Wrong again!

How do I go about sorting out roaming for my Free phone? Any ideas please?

You can opt for it via "mon compte" on the Free website. I believe there is a deposit of 10€ against calls, and you are advised by text to make a credit card payment if you exceed stated limits.

Gérer mon compte > Mes Options > Option Voyage

No there isnt and they dont even draw againts it, your bill is paid by prélèvement as usual, I think its just a protection for them if the bank dont pay.

I am currently roaming with free in the UK and its all working fine, quite cheap calling comparatively speaking as well. 

I believe there are two options: Roaming which allows you to make calls from abroad to France and International which allows you to make calls from France to abroad. Both require a one off activation charge of 10€. This works for the 2€ per month option which I use.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]In the letter with my sim card it states that along with the 2 hours/month it says the same for 100 other destinations, or countries so the France to abroad seems to be covered.

[/quote]

That applies to calls to fixed phones. To be able to call mobiles outside France you have to pay another 10€.

The 10 euro payment opens both options for me.

You do need to choose the second option in mon compte but there was no need to add another 10 euros.

Also, since I did it, the 2 euro monthly charge has been deducted fom this amount so my last few months bill has been 0.00 euros...

Danny

[quote user="Danny"]The 10 euro payment opens both options for me.

You do need to choose the second option in mon compte but there was no need to add another 10 euros.

Also, since I did it, the 2 euro monthly charge has been deducted fom this amount so my last few months bill has been 0.00 euros...

Danny

[/quote]

Thanks for that info' Danny. It wasn't clear to me from their terms that only one 10€ advance is payable. Both options now enabled [:D]

In my case and I guess all the others as well any call charges just go on my normal bill and unless I go broke or the bank does a funny the €10 will never be used.

As big a fan as I am of Free we are still in France so I cannot see me ever getting the €10 back but as Free have saved me hundreds if not more than a thousand Euros on internet and mobile phone charges compared to what I was paying when I first arrived then I am happy for them to have my €10.

In fact everybody who is no longer paying laods of money for internet or mobile phone charges whoever thay are with have Free to thank.