our Internet has become very slow recently, do we have the right to ask Orange for a newer livebox model. Also we pay 44 euros, just for Internet and telephone, is this expensive do you think?

Many thanks

Suey

Firstly try contacting tech support at Orange. If your 'techie French' is not up to it try their English helpline. They can test the box remotely and of course your line. Make sure you have a mobile phone to hand because they will need to call you back when they do part of the testing. If the box is faulty they will give you a returns number. Take the number and the box to your nearest Orange shop and they will give you a replacement over the counter. If there is a line problem their website says an engineer will come and take a look at it within 24 hours.

Secondly, your price, have a look at the following link.

http://maboutique-internet.orange.fr/residentiel/offres-internet-ADSL-VDSL2.aspx?rdt=o

Seems you should be paying less. Unfortunatly TV is included regardless of if you want it or not. If your line is to slow for TV via the Internet they will give you a satellite decoder for free (you have to pay a refundable deposit on the card that goes in it). It does save a few bob on buying a decoder and they use to give you 90 Euros towards having a dish fitted. A lot of imported TV programs can be watched in the original language.

If you have had your current package for more than 12 months you can change it from within the user area on their website. I have changed mine a couple of times when cheaper deals have been offered. Changing the deal does not effect your use i.e. nothing physically happens at your end, no being cut off etc. you just see your bill get smaller next time round.

We had problems with ourLiveBox which we rent for 3euros a month.  I tried phoning the normal line but couldn't get them to speak slowly so I could understand them. I called the English speaking people and within a few minutes the young man had sorted me out. I needed an updated Livebox which was FOC. The only problem was that I either has to wait for them to send it to me or go to the nearest Orange shop and pick it up.  This I did and within a few hours I was up and running. 

With regard to cost - I know I should look around for cheaper options, but as we do not live in France 'full time' I find that have the phone with Orange whereby I can turn it off and only pay the rental for the time we're here fine with us. The only problem is the internet, we can't do the same with that and so we pay every month for that.  The average cost over the past 5 years is 400euros(33euros pm).

Change to www.sosh.fr

This is Orange's cheap option.

You can get what you have now for 24.99€ (normally 29.99€) a month, including a mobile phone SIM.

This includes the rental of the Livebox, Internet, Landline and Mobile Phone Lines and Orange Internet TV available on computers and mobiles, which you can connect to TV if you want (5€ a month more if you actually want the full Orange TV offer).

Landline includes calls to most countries and French Mobiles. Mobile Line includes 2 hours of calls to French numbers. You can also use their mobile App to use your landline phone!

You can change to it very easily. The only slight downside is that most customer service is done on-line (a phone option is also available), but there is no English speaking helpline. Their on-line chat customer service is very good, and you can use a translator in another window, so you can copy & paste if your French is not up to it!

If you want more info, please PM me.