received email with links to .png files that I can't open

I made a booking with booking.com. In the confirmation email there were several links in brackets to open a png document. However, how do I open these as normally when you hover the mouse over a link it usually shows highlighted text to open the document but in this case it doesn't.

TBH the email wasn't very professional so I'm having doubts about the hotel anyway, fortunately haven't paid anything yet so can cancel - even this isn't clear how to cancel.

Many thanks

I've just looked at a booking.com reservation confirmation I made a few days ago and can't see any png files. Did your message come from booking.com or from the hotel itself?

You didn't say what sort of computer/tablet/phone and operating system you were using and whether you were using an e-mail reader or web browser to view the reply, which makes any diagnosis very difficult.

When you reserve with booking.com you get a highly formatted graphic intense confirmation from booking.com,you don't get anything from the hotel.

What are you viewing the email in/on?

Do you have a picture of the hotel and a google maps extract showing the location.?

A .png file is an image rather than a text document and you need to open it with a suitable graphics program. I'd use my Corel PaintShopPro because I already have it, but there are plenty of others, just Google "how to open a .png file".

It seems an odd choice to send a confirmation like this though! Can you not ask them for another more normal format?

PNG = Portable Network Graphics

It was an email confirmation that was sent to my orange email. It had lots of <<< on each line of the email confirmation and every link was in brackets with .png. i know that normally these file can be opened with photo etc. I just think they were bad links. I have windows 7.

I've never booked with booking.com before so am pleased to hear some positive comments.

I have, however, gone into my booking by using the ref number and PIN number so feel happier that all seems in order.

Thanks to all for replying in help to my question.