Problem with laptop and livebox

This morning one of our laptops would not connect via wifi to the livebox - there was a message which said

"capability of your network adapter does not match the requirements of the network"

Have never has this problem before and the other laptop is working fine.

Does anyone know how we can resolve this? Many thanks.

We can connect via Orange wifi network but don't think this is secure.

Any help/advice welcome.

My laptop is the worst I've ever owned for network adapter problems, everything from 'no network adapter installed' downwards, most often it insists there are no networks available even though other devices sitting right next to it are connected. But so far after I turn the pc off and on again (sometimes a couple of times) it forgets what its latest problem was and starts working again.

Enter this numeric sequence -  192.168.1.1. - in your address bar, press enter, and it will take you to your personal Livebox page where you can check what devices your Livebox is recognizing. If you are required to enter a password for access, this will be the first 8 digits of your 26 digit Livebox security code.

Following on from Cajal's post .. if you haven't already accessed your Livebox in this way then when you do you can change the language from default French to English .. which sometimes makes Livebox's technical jargon easier to understand.

Edit : if your laptop or your laptop's WiFi card is playing up then the easiest thing to do is to follow ET's advice and restart your machine .. sometimes more than once.

Machines are like us .. sometimes all they need is a break and a refreshing reboot to get their innards into gear.

[quote user="cajal"]

Enter this numeric sequence -  192.168.1.1. - in your address bar, press enter, and it will take you to your personal Livebox page where you can check what devices your Livebox is recognizing. If you are required to enter a password for access, this will be the first 8 digits of your 26 digit Livebox security code.

[/quote]

I didn't realise the address is the same for all Liveboxes.[:$]