Home needed for 1 year old Siberian husky>>>>

Dear all,

We have a Siberian Husky, that needs a very good home to go to,

He has been chipped and has all vaccines, he is a very energetic and lovable boy, but we are going to be relocating to another country, as my wife has fallen ill.

The new owner needs to like walks and attention for him, and even a family if possible, as he has grownup with my wife and children, from a puppy.[:)]  We are in the Calvados region.......

Please if anyone could help, please contact me.

Many thanks

DB

Hi DB

Sorry to hear your story. It's a shame you are so far away from us as we'd have definitely considered taking him!

Just out of interest for others how is he with other dogs and cats?? Can you post a picture of him?

Good luck, i am sure you'll find him a lovely home.

DB

Sorely tempted, as our two year old siberian husky needs company (apart from the 7 cats - she is annoying one as I write), but, alas, our mobile home is complet for now - we (the OH) can't wait till we get into the house so we (the OH) can rescue all the dogs on the forum!!!!

I hope that you find a good home - they are truly wonderful dogs, faithful, beautiful, and of course, very, very energetic (minimum 45 minutes walk every day - I have lost loads of weight since we got her, tempted to get a sled to save my legs!). They love cats - especially to chase!!! We have just about trained ours, Anoushka, not to chase them, but when we aren't looking.......

A little story whilst I remember - our husky loves to chase. I was walking her this week and she scented a ragondin (coypu), which is her favourite! She disappeared, which is not unusual, but after 10 minutes, I began to worry as she hadn't returned (she usually just comes when she pleases, as they are impossible to train, but hate not to be in the lead on a walk). I retraced our steps and walked down to the stream, where I found her - she had chased the ragondin into the river and had fallen down the vertical sides onto some brambles, which had got caught under her belly, in front of her hind legs. However hard she tried, she could not swim out and her head was just above the water. I had to walk back to a ford and walk along the raging torrent to get to her and then got scratched to hell ripping out the brambles to release her. It was absolutely freezing, and I was as scared as the dog! Got her out OK, but on returning home she avoided me for a whole day - as if I was the reason she got trapped! There's gratitude! It didn't last long, though - she loves me again!

There is a moral there somewhere, just trying to figure it out.

Warren

Hope you manage to find the right person for your Sibe. I know it's not easy. I have had Sibes for thirty years and have probably had first hand knowledge of most of the problems.I find that the majority think that the reason you cannot let them run frww is that you haven't trained them properly.  They don't realise that it is impossible to be sure of a Sibe once it is off lead and that, unfortunately, they are capable of doing away with your neighbours chickes while away!  That said, I wouldn't swop them for anything else.  They are the most loving beasts and fantastic with children. I'm sorry I can't help as I have just taken in another two. If whover takes them needs some advice from an old hand, tell them to contact me.  Good luck!                             ;i;j

• 2 weeks later...

Hello too all,

I have a good bit of news to share with everyone, we found a new family for our Husky (Rubber) and I think that he will be very happy with his new family.

Thank you to the new family, I think Rubber will be looked after and have some very nice new freinds.

Although it is a sad occasion for us, we know it is a very good one for Rubber.

I hope everyone has a Happy Christmas and New year.

Darren