Puppies free to good homes

Hi all.

We have got 8 puppies that are free to good homes.  Started at 10 but 2 have gone off to friends.  We live near to Aubusson in Creuse (23) and now work pretty much all of the time in Bourganeuf.  It seemed like a good idea at the time to try for puppies but after the mum fell pregnant we embarked on a new business venture and had illnesses in the family.  It's not a sob story just didn't want people thinking "grrrr another irresponsible pet owner" [:)]

They are coming up to 8 weeks old now and are German Shepherd crossed with Collie/English Setter.  The Mum (German Shepherd) is a pure pedigree but ahem the dad (Collie/English Setter) is a total Heinz variety.  They have all the markings of a black and tan German Shepherd and some have a white patch on their chests (must be the Collie coming through).  Having 3 children of our own they are well used to being handled, totally kept indoors with us right now and I know would make great pets.  I am working right now so can't remember 100% without having a peek but I think we have 4 girls and 4 boys remaining.

I have tried to get the homed through the SPA at Limoges because we have only heard good things about them but have been directed to the SPA at Gueret of which we have heard mixed things.

I will take some photos tonight and attach them in the morning if anyone wants to see.

Sorry for such a long winded first post.  I hope you made it to the end.

Here's hoping to here from someone.

For further details please make initial contact by either email or PM.

Brent

You say you have tried to get them homed through the SPA.  I expect you know that the SPA have more than enough on their hands and that many dogs are being put down every day due to overpopulation.  Spaying is the only way forward, not litters of puppies, which you may realise by now.  I know that the refuge of Limoges is full as are all the others, as I have contacted them to try to save other dogs.

I was contacted by an English couple not long ago in the Cher (18), looking for a puppy for company for their rescue Irish Wolfhound.  I'll send you their name and number by pm.

[quote user="Arroba - Creuse Cybercafe"]

This is not a sob story just didn't want people thinking "grrrr another irresponsible pet owner" [:)]

I have tried to get the homed through the SPA at Limoges because we have only heard good things about them but have been directed to the SPA at Gueret of which we have heard mixed things.

Brent

[/quote]

Sorry do these two sentences not mean you are a irresponsible pet owner, you bring these animals into the world , YOU look after them until you find good homes , dont expect other to do it for you. Sorry Im not being rude but I do get angry at people who allow their animals to breed and dont expect to look after there lives[:(]

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o154/creusecybercafe/puppies.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the puppies.  Sorry about the quality, scan of a picture of a scan of a picture and all that.

@Tetley - Hope you like the picture.

@Christine - Yes. Spoke to the lady and she is having a chat with her husband and getting back to us.  Many thanks for that.

@Dirty Tom - Many thanks for your kind words of wisdom, although I fail to see what clandestine advertising is ever going to do for finding homes for our puppies.  Please note my careful use of the word "through" in your highlighted text.  We, like all other dog lovers that give their dogs their family surname have NO intentions of farming off all the puppies with the possibility of them being put to sleep.  The only difference now is that after my mum being in intensive care and our new commitents in the cybercafe, we are unable to take all the time in the world only homing them with friends of the family and locals.  HENCE the reason for posting on this forum and for contacting the SPA for them to have our details and to pass them on to people who may want to have our puppies.  Apologies if my wording was ambiguous but I can assure you and all others that there is a 0% chance of our puppies being put down.

Thanks

Brent.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just seen these pics.  I would look on these "homes wanted" threads but never do because our collie just hates other dogs, although he adores people.  I'm posting because when I saw the first puppy it was like seeing my old Loki (collie x GSD)) again - it gave me quite a jolt. [:(] Just to say, he was positively the most good-natured, happy, healthy dog it was ever our pleasure to own.  Whoever has had these little chaps and chapesses will not regret it.  I'm going to try to find a pic of him as a puppy to post, then you'll see just what I mean.