Urgent - Good homes required for dogs before they are put down.

Urhana is a 3 year old Rottweiller bitch who is desperate for a good home. She is good with men and women but not cats.

Iuna is a 10 year old German Shepherd bitch who is also good with people.

Her owner (a neighbour) is moving and cannot take them with her.

If no home if found before the end of next week (about the 15th Dec) both dogs will be put down which would be a terrible shame.

If you can please
contact by either email or PM..

We are on the 17/79 border near Chize, we are not a rescue centre, we are  just trying to help the neighbour re-home these dogs.

Do you have photos, no ad nowadays is much good without a photo.  To put out an SOS we need to know a little more about them :

French or English owners?

OK with people, but not cats.  Do you know if they are used to children, other dogs ?

Chipped?  Vaccinated?  Spayed?

Used to living indoors?

Anything useful you may know about them.

Hi,

Thanks for coming back. The dogs belong to a french neighbour. They are apparently used to children also other dogs. As far as we know they are not chipped, jabbed etc but we will confirm this. The german shepherd is currently chained in a small outside building and the rott is chained next to her kennel in a lean-to building. We will try to get some photos organised asap.

Online at last (big problems with the phone line), I have emailed the photos to you Christine, thanks. Good news, the German Shepherd has been found a home so it is now just the Rottweiller to re-home, also looks like the owners move might be delayed due to an injury to her so we look to have a few more days.

Thank you for the news Nephilim, I was getting worried.  How marvellous the ten year old German Shepherd has found a good home, that's wonderful.

I shall be back with the photos of the female Rottweiler.  Did you find out if she is tattooed or chipped and vaccinated?  I shall put ads elsewhere so we shall have to know that.

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Urhana1.jpg[/IMG]       [IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Urhana3.jpg[/IMG]  

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Urhana.jpg[/IMG]

Here is poor Urhana.  Let's try to find someone to give her the home she deserves.

I'll start a separate thread for her as soon as you let us know about the tattoo.  If she came from a breeder, and the name beginning with U suggests this, she must have been tattooed or chipped.

Know about Rottweilers

I'm sure there are some people who are made nervous by the very word "Rottweiler" - I'd just like to say we have had a Rottie-cross (crossed with german shepherd!) who has been nothing but a sweetheart, full of love and so easy to train.

Hope someone can give this one a home.

Chrissie (81)

That's funny you should post about your Rottie-cross Chrissie and is another positive example about these marvellous dogs.

Several weeks ago when I was at the Niort refuge about another dog I saw a beautiful Rottweiler cross, a sort of bronze colour, standing in his run and I remember thinking "he is going to be put down and I can't do anything about it".

Anyway, with the help of Mélissa, a sixteen year old girl near Niort (mentioned below) we put out an SOS for this dog.  Mélissa took care of the photo

and a girl from Lille replied saying she couldn't let this dog be put down, it was a "coup de coeur", she had been wanting one like that and would come down to get him.  We couldn't believe our luck.  She gave him a name, Argos, arranged all the paperwork, insurance, etc., never asked for any help from anyone, and came all the way down from Lille to get her Argos, then went all the way back with him again by train.  She didn't know anything about him (he was found), she just wanted to save him and love him.

She has not regretted it a minute, she says Argos is the most loving, sociable companion she could ever have hoped for.  They live in a flat together and I just received these photos yesterday.

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Argos.jpg[/IMG]     

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Argos1.jpg[/IMG]

If anyone is still hesitating about a rescue dog, and a Rottweiler in particular, perhaps these photos will reassure you.

Sixteen year old Mélissa is right into rescue work and has already saved no end of pets.  Last year when she was only fifteen she was very concerned about a couple of dogs in a local fourrière.  On her return from holiday she went to see them and they were no longer there, they had been put down while she was away.  She made a blog dedicated to them, Vokko and Odys, which she has carried on showing other rescues she has made (Argos is on page 16).  She certainly deserves a mention   [kiss]

Mélissa's blog

• 4 weeks later...

No, as far as I know she is still with the owner.  I spent a lot of time on this with her before Christmas and she finally said she thought she could take her with her to friends until the new year.  I spoke to her on 3rd January and she said she still had her, but was hoping to find a solution very quickly.  It would be marvellous if you could have her, it has been a big worry to me.

On top of it, she is now I think in Charente Maritime !  If you would like to see her, please pm me your telephone number.

We contacted the owner this morning.  We wanted to go over to see Urhana today but that wasn't convenient so an appointment has been arranged for tomorrow afternoon.  I will let you know the outcome. 

I have a few reservations as she is one of five Rottweilers.  Will she miss her mum, dad, brothers and sisters too much?  Has she got a 'pack' mentality?  I know she hates cats but will she also hate our two little Lhasa Apso boys?  (The lady didn't know how she reacted to small dogs so we are taking them with us).  She is tattooed but we don't know if she is chipped.  We were also told that her vaccinations are due tomorrow and she hasn't been spayed.  A lot of ifs and buts.  I will know in my heart tomorrow if she is meant to be ours.  I always have done with all our rescue dogs.

I'm sorry.  Just sharing a few thoughts with you all.