Hopefully Hobo has found his new home

Little bit of history.  We found him outside a house in Donzeil (23) where we were working.  He was there living rough for about 4 days in the cold and wet looking totally starved and totally lost.  The local farmers placed an ad with France Bleu (the local radio station), checked with all neighbours, friends and hunting buddies but to no avail.  He has no tags, chips or tattoos.

He (now named Hobo no guesses why) has been with us for about 6 weeks now.  He is such a lovely dog that we couldn't put him in a refuge but have decided to try and find him another home ourselves.  Hobo is a young male l think he is about one year old and possibly Setter cross spaniel.  Totally clean and well trained indoors also good on the lead and in the car.  He is a very calm well behaved dog and is great with the kids and other dogs - cats.  If you think Hobo is the lovable companion for you please contact me with any questions you may have.  If you would like to visit Hobo to see what he is like for yourself email me so we can arrange a day.

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/Photo163.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/Photo191.jpg[/img]

We can be found in Department 23 (Creuse) in between Aubusson and Chenerailles.

So if you feel like giving a dog a new home and a bit of love which he loves please reply or send an email.

Thanks  Lisa

*** Here are some new photos of Hobo ***

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/054.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/034.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/064.jpg[/img]

Hi, He looks lovely!  We are looking for a new dog to join our family.  One of our two died earlier this year and we miss her terribly.  Ideally we are looking for one no more than a year old, intelligent, and one that will get on with our other dog (female), 4 cats, sheep and chickens and most importantly our 5 year old little girl.  We live at a watermill with lots of grounds (as well as water) so if there is any reason you think he would not be suitable, please let me know.  Does he try and wander?

[quote user="lisa"]We have had Hobo now for 4 weeks with no luck at all,  no one has even came forward to see him.  I never thought it would be this hard to home him.  I cannot keep Hobo here as l have two large dogs already one being a male and he gets jelouse of Hobo and keeps going for him.  I feel quite stupid in thinking we could help this dog.  Well in a nut shell we are giving it another week of trying and then we are going to take him to the dog refuge in Gueret thats if they will take him they seem to be full and not reallt interested in taking him at all and l can understand why but l dont know what else we can do.

Little bit of history.  We found him outside a house in Donzeil (23) where we were working.  He was there living rough for about 4 days in the cold and wet looking totally starved and totally lost.  The local farmers placed an ad with France Bleu (the local radio station), checked with all neighbours, friends and hunting buddies but to no avail.  He has no tags, chips or tattoos.

He (now named Hobo no guesses why) has been with us for about 4 weeks now.  He is such a lovely dog that we couldn't put him in a refuge but have decided to try and find him another home ourselves.  Hobo is a young male l think he is about one year old and possibly Setter cross spaniel.  Totally clean and well trained indoors.  He is a very calm well behaved dog and is great with the kids and other dogs - cats.  If you think Hobo is the lovable companion for you please contact me with any questions you may have.  If you would like to visit Hobo to see what he is like for yourself email me so we can arrange a day.

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/Photo163.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/Photo191.jpg[/img]

We can be found in Department 23 (Creuse) in between Aubusson and Chenerailles.

So if you feel like giving a dog a new home and a bit of love which he loves please reply or send an email.

Thanks  Lisa

links edited by a mod

[/quote]

Oh Lisa, I do feel for you. It's frustrating isn't it? I'm still trying to re-home Léa and Joy and it's no easy feat. He is lovely and if I could get away with it i'd have him but my husband would have a fit!

I'll keep my ears to the ground in case I come across someone who'd suit Hobo. Good luck [blink]

Hi Lisa

Sorry we can't take him....he looks so handsome and friendly. Wish we didn't have to take in guests during the Summer to help pay our bills! But there you go, we do and so can't take on another dog. I have printed off Hobo's photos and will talk to anyone and everyone we meet about him. We do play darts in a little Brit/French local Pub league so, I promise I'll take his photos and talk about him.

I know how it is with other dogs in your family and what with work, your own family, etc, I'm sure you have your hands full but I hope you can work round all that and find it in your hearts to hold out from sending Hobo to the kennels.

Come on everyone, please try your hardest to put the word out and find Hobo a good loving and, to quote Magnolia, a forever home! I know it's difficult as all us animal lovers probably have all the pets we can handle but we must know someone out there who can handle another beautiful dog. I tell you, it's just as well we women have husbands/partners to keep our feet on the ground or else (certainly for me and I'm sure for a lot of you), we would have our homes full of these dogs.....well don't they all look so sweet??

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for your post that is so nice off you to do that for him.  I will hold on to him for abit longer and  try some new places to,  there must be someone out there for him.  He's such a lovely dog,  l wouldn't have him here if he wasn't.

Thank you so much for your support l was feeling disheartened but feel ready to start again.  I will so support these people who help these poor dogs in future,  with out them l can not imagin what would happen to them.

Lisa

Calling Rob Roy

Hey, Mary, can you help? Have you had a look at the photos of Hobo, Lea and Joy? Haven't heard from you for a while, how are you? Would you spread the word about any of these dogs looking for a home? Perhaps at your local Vet's or amongst your Brit/French friends?

Hope to hear from soon

Hiya,

Thanks so much that would be great.  Can't believe how much people are willing to help.  I am going to hang on to Hobo until l have done what l set out to do which is find him that home however long it takes and with all off your help to l feel sure it will happen.

Many thanks Lisa

Hey Lisa. My attitude is if you've got such a good heart that you'd take this poor boy in you deserve a little bit of help in re-homing him. Pulling together is something that has been lost along the way in society in general so we need try and reintroduce it a bit  (that's just my opinion). The french have taught me an awful lot about 'being neighbourly' and helping other's out in time of need. I used to be so blinkered only looking out for number one. I worked, kept myself to myself, hardly spoke to the neighbours, never asked for or offered anything and where did that get me? Nowhere really except towards a life of selfishness. Now though i'm happy to get off my arse and help out if I can as I get such a great sense of achievement from it and I feel nice. Something I very rarely felt before moving to France. Funny isn't it how a country can have such a dramatic effect on your life? [blink]

Hiya,  Your right about france having a massive effect on our lives.  We are not the people that left the uk.  After three years of living here we have made some true friends and have great neightbours.  My 13 yr old son has just came back from helping bernard who is 83 now but can l say seems much fitter than me cut and move a tree do l think he would of helped like that if we had been in England l very much doubt it.  My son also said the other day how he liked the fact that he knows everyone and everyone knows him,  it's just nice to be part of a community again.  We don't have much money but we are far richer now in other ways.

Hi Lisa

Sorry, not any further forward but I've had a heavy cold so not been out and about for a few days.

I just wondered if Hobo has been castrated, just in case someone asks. Also, is he inclined to wander and is there any other info you can give me about him....good and bad points?

Also, I noticed Claire said she was looking for another dog so wondered if there was any luck with that?

I would take him in a heartbeat if only I was allowed! He really does look so handsome with that alert look and shiny coat! It's just a case of finding a family with room for another dog, isn't it, as he sure does look irresistable.

Hi Anna,
Claire had three dogs to choose from and sadly she chose another dog but still at least there is a dog with a home.

Hobo has not been castrated and l am not sure at all off his medical history. All l know is he looks and seems very healthy. I have wormed him but l cannot afford much more.
Hobo is really a ready made dog with very few bad points, l am sure he had a very good home before and we have tried to find it on the net, the area we found him, vets and word of mouth but with no luck.
I think Hobo is a young male about 1 yr as his balls have not yet dropped, sorry to be blunt.
Cross English setter and maybe grey hound as he is faster than any of our dogs (German shepherd, Collie cross and the dog next door collie).
He is very Clean indoors.
Good with dogs and cats but does like to play with my cat but she is a tease.
No chewing.
Very calm gentil and loving.
Great with the kids.
Good in the car and on the lead but not perfect but still a pleasure to walk. We have been taking him out and he has handled many situations with no fear what so ever down to moto cross bikes passing us (Great)
Can be man handled with no fuss.
Not a fussy eater just complete which l feed my two from the super market. Loves after dinner scraps.
Very eager to please for a biscuit.
Goes into a trance when you stroke his ears he loves it.
He is very calm when people arrive not like my two.We do not have an enclosed garden and he has been known to sniff around the hamlet but he is so not a fret to man child or animal l have taught him to come when called. please don't worry about cars we are a dead end hamlet. Very Rural
Much better behaved than my too can l add.
I have notice in playing he grabs the tales on my dogs to slow them down but with no force.
Thats it pretty much a great dog.
This dog will make a great pet to someone. I would keep him myself but Rufus does not like him much he only likes girl dogs maybe l should rehome Rufus no sorry only joking we have had rufus since he was 3 days old, we bottle fed him the works all the rest of the litter got killed. I love him faults and all

I have some great pictures we took at the country park the other day really shows him off lovely. I want to redo his ad as l know alot more about him now. Just waiting for hubby to put them on my pc.

Hope all this helps sorry if l have gone on abit. If there is anything else you need to know just ask.

Hope your cold gets better soon and thank you once again for your help.

Dog mad Lisa

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the info. I'm feeling fine again now, thanks. I've made up a flyer with some details and a photo of Hobo so have printed some off just now and will take them with me to hand out at our away darts match tonight. So, you never know, someone may, or know of someone who might, want a dog.

I've pestered my OH as much as I dare but he is adamant that we have all the pets we can handle......I'll still harp on at every opportunity though!

Lets hope we can find Hobo a nice home (before I have a divorce on my hands...ha ha!)

Anna (who wishes she could take all these lovely dogs she sees on this Forum!!)

Oh dear Lisa still no joy eh? How he's settling in at yours? Does he seem comfortable around everyone? I wish i could help but i'm up to my eyes at the moment what with 4 dogs and 2 cats. All's gone quiet with adopting here as well. We've got 5 puppies available for adoption and we've not had one enquiry. Now that's unusual.

I'll keep in touch [;-)]