Free Fifi

Hi All

I almost ran this lovely little girl over when she shot across the road in front of me. I've looked for her owner (no chip or tattoo) and have taken her to the vets so it's time to try and find her a new home.

The vet thinks Fifi (I thought it suited her) is about 5 years old and has been in a home environment. She came to me flea ridden, her coat was so matted that i've had to practically scalp her and she stank to high heaven. She now smells beautiful, she's had a trim, i've treated her for worms, fleas and ticks and now all she needs is a loving home.

[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/marmitesock/Fifi4190308.jpg[/IMG]

She's great with all of my dogs and the cats and as soon as she came into the house she made herself at home. She can be left in the car, she doesn't get onto the furniture and she's got a very gentle, sweet nature. She comes when she's whistled to and would suit any type of household.

[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/marmitesock/Fifi3190308.jpg[/IMG]

Personally, I think she's a great little pooch and extremely happy.

Can you give her a home please?

Bless you Panda. However, it doesn't feel like that with Fifi only because I worry that the owner is going to suddenly turn up. I'm delighted that she's got a new home and I know that she'll be loved but I do wonder about her previous owners. I'd be devastated if one of my dogs went missing but I have to keep telling myself that Fifi wasn't chipped, tattooed or even had an id tag so how long must I wait for someone to collect her? She was in a terrible state when I found her that I could see the flea's jumping on her and she was really pongy but now she seems so happy, clean and content. Also, I took her to the vet's to see if anyone had reported her missing but nothing. I have mixed emotions about this lovely, sweet, obedient, little pooch [8-)]

Magnolia, well done for finding her a new forever home.  However I totally understand why you have mixed emotions as when I found Lewis he was in a similar state and also had nothing to identify him. I was told I would have to wait a month befor I could officially claim him and have him chipped even hough he was staying with me at the time. Unfortunately even though we put an advert in the local paper informed all the local vets,gendarmes, mairies, put a notice on the rescue site etc etc no-one has turned up for him,so he will be staying with me.[:D]

I'm glad you understand my feelings. However, I was told by the vet that I had 3 options. 1- send her to the SPA (nope), 2 - Have her put down (big nope) 3- keep her and look for a new home (ok). I asked how long I needed to keep hold of her before looking for a new home and she told me that I could do it straight away so I did. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting interest straight away but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

They are the same options I got told and like you the first two were definately no-no's! Perhaps it's like most other things in France different departments different rules. Anyway you have done the best for this poor little girl and I applaud you for taking her in and getting her looking so lovely and being able to find here a new home. Well done, the world needs more humans like you[kiss]

No problem Magnolia, I meant every word.[kiss] If Joy does end up staying with you I can't think of a better home for him especially after all he has suffered. To see the video of him playing and that wonderful waggy tail brings tears to my eyes and a huge lump to my throat, I really don't understand why no-one has taken him yet! However as I've already said if he ends up staying with you then he is one very lucky boy.[:D]

Hi Framboise

No, no news on a home for Joy. I think the problem is that he really needs to go to a home with no other dogs. He gets so jealous especially when it comes to food and affection that he really needs one-to-one care. I understand now how Joy ticks so I know what signs to look for when he's getting over excited or anxious but it's taken me time. Therefore, I don't really want him going into a home with another dog where he will almost certainly revert back to his old ways. It's only natural. A new home, a new life, a new anxiety. I want him to be wholly happy with 100% of attention on him. On his own with no competition he can be truly happy and I can't give him that [:(]. Saying that though, I will not re-home him unless it is the right family even if he is with us for a while longer. Even if we sell our house and move, he'll be going with us. I'll not give up on him he's too special [kiss][;-)]

Thanks again Morse for your kind words but I know that i'm only doing what most good people would do - just like you [;-)]