KITTENS - Free to Good Homes

I am based in Finistere, between Carhaix and Huelgoat, and have two beautiful white bermese mix kittens, with blue eyes. They are 7 weeks old and ready for collection. please contact me my email for further details, pictures and contact info

[IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm89/kerbrad/kittens.jpg[/IMG]

Panda, You may well be in a bad mood, but expressing it will not help home the animals.

MD Posting pics will help tremendously, perhaps re assuring forum members that your animals will be paying a trip to vet, in the near future, would help prevent the inevitable disapproving comments.....

Hi Chrissie, yes traditionally kittens have always been considered 'ready' at 12 weeks old, but are independent and ready to leave mum at 8 weeks, which these kittens will be on Monday  (30th June). I'm afraid I am quite keen to home them, as a potential adoption has fallen through and I have other animals that need my attention now.

Maisieday

I'm sorry I can not offer a home for your puppies or kittens, but I wanted to say a few things, Firstly I wish you well in trying to find homes for your puppies and kittens and I admire the fact that you have reared all these puppies and kittens and not drowned or got rid of them in another horrible ways as many would do when faced with unwanted litters (I assume they were unplanned as you are not asking for any payment). I can understand that people (animal lovers) find it hard to understand why your females have not been spayed to prevent more unwanted cats and dogs in the world. But in reality accidents do happen and puppies and kittens are born. Maybe you would have more success in homing them if you charge a little to cover the cost of the having the puppies vaccinated and chipped, or offered to get this done when someone offers a home.

If I were looking to find a new pet I would be prepared to pay for it plus any cost involved in getting it chipped and jabbed.

If you give them away for free they may end up just like their parents and not be spayed or castrated and perpetuating the cycle.

Pets cost money, money to rear, money to feed and money to provide vet care, and if people who want pets can't afford to pay something for them, will they afford the cost of spaying and castrated them?

Good Luck

[quote user="Russethouse"]While I applaud the sentiment Jacqui theres a notice on this section that says only animals that are 'free to a good home' can be advertized here [:)][/quote]

Yes I can understand that, otherwise we would be inundated with for sale adds,

But I hoped to point out that giving them away might not be the best way to proceed, and if that means not advertising here so be it.

Covering essential costs like chipping and vaccination is not making money just good sense. 

Thank you for these words, I have dealt with a lot of critisism on this issue. My partner and I rescued a couple of cats, and then circumstances changed and we both lost our jobs, so were unable to carry out the plan of spaying three cats and the puppy (we found her by the dustbin when she was just 8 weeks old!) None of the puppies or kittens that were produced were planned and we did not intend to destroy any of them once they were born (humanely or otherwise, and I have heard of some ghastly methods). We are now very unhappy that we cannot possibly care for a total of 8 cats and 11 dogs!!

I will do whatever it takes to ensure that they are homed with people who will care for them, and, if all else fails, I will have to consider taking them to my local rescue centre, which I didn't want to do as they have not been abused or abandoned.

Your advice has made me think twice though, I would hate to be the cause of even more unwanted and rejected animals in the future.

Russethouse, no unfortunately we are awaiting 'the powers that be' to sort out a paper trail a mile long to clear up an error I wont go into on this forum. However, when that is sorted and we are back on our feet, we will, indeed be spaying any of the animals we decide to keep (if any, considering our current situation). We would hate to give up our beloved dog, as she has been with us since we moved into our house 3 years ago, but it is likely we will have to look carefully at re-homing all of our pets if things don't improve soon

[:'(]

Yes our vet has numerous adverts for rehoming animals. Please do not condemn people before the whole picture has been explained.....hindsight is a marvelous thing and none of us know what the future may hold. Instead why not try constructive advice for someone who is obviously an animal lover otherwise she would not be in this predicament

[quote user="valB"] Please do not condemn people before the whole picture has been explained.....hindsight is a marvelous thing and none of us know what the future may hold. Instead why not try constructive advice for someone who is obviously an animal lover otherwise she would not be in this predicament[/quote]

I don't think that OP has been condemned in this thread or the other about her puppies, she has had constructive advice from myself, Russethouse and others and has acknowledged so [:(]